Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Potty Training with cloth questions. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486214)

thealmightyme 01-28-2013 09:58 AM

Potty Training with cloth questions.

Hello,

My twin boys are now 22 months. One of them is telling me every time he has gone to the potty in his diaper and is eager to get them off and changed. I just bought a potty this weekend. I have not potty trained a child for 3 years, and my first son pretty much did it on his own when he started a preschool and all the other kids were going on the potty.

I don't really know how to start with cloth. Do I really need trainers? Should I get some flats and let them go coverless? Do the Nakey thing? The other twin is very eager to do what his brother does. When Desi says he needs a change, then Preston wants to be changed also, so I thing he will follow suit too. Should I just do it on a schedule like their older brother? Should I just buy under ware and let them run around without pants?

What worked for you ladies? How often did your kids have accidents?

Thankfully I have hardwood floors down stairs so clean up will be easy.

okiemama 01-28-2013 12:50 PM

I have no advice nor have I had twins but you may want two potties? So they can sit together and there will be no fighting over who gets to sit and God forbid if they are both catching on and need to go at the same time!

strongwoman 01-28-2013 03:50 PM

Re: Potty Training with cloth questions.

Hey ladies- I really recommend getting the book Oh Crap Potty Training at www.jamieglowacki.com. There are several blocks that need to be mastered one at a time before moving on. Basically you want your kid to go from Clueless, I peed, I'm Peeing, and finally to I need to pee. If you get the book you will save yourself from buying more diapers and more trainers. There's also a forum for questions and trouble shooting which is really helpful. I was kind of on the fence with buying the book for a long time because DS1 was trained without me getting much guidance. But after I read through the book, I saw how much easier things would have been if I someone had pointed me to that resource. And things have been easier this second time around with DS2, who is 24 months. He's not accident free because he's always busy being a toddler (we've been at it for about a month now), but he doesn't pee during naps or night time, which means that I don't have to change sheets all the time or put him in diapers. There are also some moms of multiples who are going through some challenges you may face. Seriously, $15 saved me from majorly being frustrated and angry at my DS2 who was stuck at nakie time. And, we ditched the diapers, which was a major confidence builder for my LO.