Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Snappi or boingo for baby boy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486229)

AnimalHouse 01-28-2013 10:34 AM

Snappi or boingo for baby boy?

I'm going back to prefolds and flats, but I haaaaate using pins. I'm torn on whether to get snappis or boingos. I've used snappis before, and they're so easy... but I wonder if it can bother/hurt little boys? I've never used boingos, and want to try them... but then I wonder if they're too wide? DS3 (18 months old) and DS4 (2.5 months old) both have muffin tops, and I guess I'm worried about the boingos rubbing their bellies or something.

So... which would you use? Are my worries completely unfounded? :giggle:

One Acre Wonder Farm 01-28-2013 10:39 AM

I prefer Boingos on my mobile babies, Snappis on littles. I tried a snappi today on my 15 mo old and when I changed her the flat had slid down under the snappi and it left a red mark across the bottom of her belly. I'm sure it was user error but they just seem so restrictive....

I love the fit I get with Boingos.

srw.mutter 01-28-2013 10:47 AM

Re: Snappi or boingo for baby boy?

We use snappis for the rare occasion that we use a prefold or flat (he is just too impatient) and have had no problems or any indications it hurts or whatever. I have started using pins on our sbish snapless, and they are much easier to use than I would have imagined.

and we have a huge muffin top over here... the tiniest waist and the biggest belly! the snappi has never ridden up, you just can't put it too close to the top edge

champatlife 01-28-2013 10:50 AM

I just don't love the boigo. I usually don't stretch the 3 rd leg and just minimally attach. He's only 4 months though. I've considered just clipping off the third leg.

momma_dna 01-28-2013 11:02 AM

We use boingos on our DS with no issues or belly rubbing. They are much gentler and leave no nasty red marks on his hips like snappis did. We started with snappis at 11mo and switched to boingos at 13months. The few times I tried to put a snappi on DS who is now 20 months and he kept grabbing at the third leg and claw like it bothered him. So yes, I do believe it bothers his boy parts.

nonipie 01-28-2013 11:23 AM

Once they got old enough both DS1 and DD refused the snappi so I primarily use pins. I'm starting to like Boingo though. I do them the same way I use pins, at an angle on the hips. DH prefers to snappi and hates the Boingo so go figure.

AnimalHouse 01-28-2013 11:38 AM

I think maybe I should get one of each to try and compare. I'm kind of curious to try a boingo anyway, LOL!

Pixi6s 01-28-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimalHouse (Post 16216787)
I think maybe I should get one of each to try and compare. I'm kind of curious to try a boingo anyway, LOL!

probably you best bet. If you are on the hips with the bongos it shouldn't hit the muffin top...

Terra76 01-28-2013 12:27 PM

My ds is 16 weeks old and we use boingos. Love them!! Hold well and don't have anything going across his baby boy bits.

PurpleFluff 01-28-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champatlife
I've considered just clipping off the third leg.

I've thought about this too. I wonder if anyone's done it and the results. I know it's possible to remove the "claw part" from the rest, so maybe I'll try that and just let the tail dangle before I go cutting it off.