Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   when you say goodbye to diapers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486282)

okiemama 01-28-2013 12:53 PM

when you say goodbye to diapers

Some moms advocate having a day where you show your kid that your bagging up the dipes and saying no more diapers etc. When you do this what do you put on them at night?

qsefthuko 01-28-2013 12:58 PM

Re: when you say goodbye to diapers

I have never done that . My kids night rained before they day trained. So night diapers after potty training were not an issue for us.

However my sister is having a potty party for my 2 1/2 year old niece. My sister said her dd is very into planning her celebrate potty training party. She has very specific ideas of what she wants at her party.

Leiiki 01-28-2013 02:03 PM

We went all the way at 25 months. We didn't make a big deal about putting the diapers away, we just (DH and I) decided we weren't going to put diapers on her anymore, period. She was already used to the idea of a potty since we've used one off-and-on since birth. We weren't forceful or disciplinary about it, just very matter-of-fact that she gets to go on the potty now, and praising her alot.
It took her 6 days to go 100%, and she had 2 or 3 regressions over the next couple of months where she'd wet herself for a day or two. We just switched from carrying diapers to carrying spare clothes. We put a wool piddle pad on the bed, but only needed it a few times. Almost a year ago now, and she almost never has an accident, usually if she's too distracted/excited playing somewhere new.

strongwoman 01-28-2013 03:56 PM

For about a week, while my DS2 was getting acclimated to potty training, we had him wear diapers. But, we found that he would wake up anyway because he knew he went in his diaper so we decided to night train without diapers, going commando. It was tough at first and it took time to get a rhythm going. But now, after three weeks, we wake him twice at night (once before we go to bed and another time at 2 am). He's dry during night and nap time! This is huge, since I'm still night nursing my DS3 (almost 6 months) and me and my hubby were sleep deprived. But, we are climbing out of the potty pit little by little and the work we've put in has really paid off with a more confident son :) Look for progress, not perfection when you are training- it really helps to keep your sanity!

luvinmybaby! 02-02-2013 09:36 PM

My DD was daytime potty trained at 21 months. When we decided it was time to potty train, during the day we only let her wear cotton panties. No more diapers during the day. The only exception was if we went to a store, I would put on a pull up. Even then I'd wait to go to a store after she just went. But around the house and at the park, only her cotton panties.

At night time I still put on a diaper at first, then pull-up, then when the pull-up was dry in the morning for several days just the regular cotton panties. That was probably around 2 1/2 years that she was night time potty trained. A big part of that I think is their bladder has to be big enough so the bigger they are the more likely they are able to get through the night. We always made sure she went before bedtime too.

sisu 02-06-2013 10:48 AM

We did this with DS. For the first 3 nights we put him in a BG 4.0 (we couldn't pack up all the diapers because DD is still using them). On the 4th night DS screamed for underwear instead of a diaper, so we put him in underwear and he hasn't had any accidents at all.

Bhavana 02-06-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko (Post 16217179)
I have never done that . My kids night rained before they day trained.

So your entire house or just their beds were rained in?:giggle2:

okiemama 02-07-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhavana (Post 16258240)

So your entire house or just their beds were rained in?:giggle2:

Bahahaha lol I didn't even catch that

forbes246 02-15-2013 01:32 PM

We went cold turkey on the diapers after talking about it with my 2 year old for about a month. Accidents the first week, second week very few, and haven't had one since. Good luck.

keen1981 02-15-2013 01:34 PM

COLD turkey here. My boys were night and day trained at the same time. Same ages and both were good to go within a week.