Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   ok this is going to sound stupid but... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486287)

okiemama 01-28-2013 01:01 PM

ok this is going to sound stupid but...

I've always admired the leaving it up to God thing and felt it was right but was never brave enough myself well after dd 2 I had ppd badly and dh was soooooo done and got the v :/ in my heart I keep thinking I STILL want to leave it up to God but we have this v thing so pregnancy is not likely is it wierd that Ive started to pray and say to God that if he wants I am willing? Like I said I know its not likely but I am willing. Does this count as at least being open yo life even though dh to drastic measures I hope the intent of my heart comes through and God knows I regret a decision made during the hardest portion of my life. Ugh I'm not sure what I mean by posting this it all looks so silly typed out!

MT Momma 01-28-2013 01:39 PM

Re: ok this is going to sound stupid but...

Praying for you momma... "The Lord work in mysterious ways"

abunchoflemons 01-28-2013 01:43 PM

Well my sil got tubes tide then untide... I know vas can be too....

okiemama 01-28-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abunchoflemons (Post 16217390)
Well my sil got tubes tide then untide... I know vas can be too....

Yes I know but dh would never

lisathib123 01-28-2013 03:50 PM

My DH did! Went from 3 to 7....so for. Just pray....

raisingcropsandbabies 01-28-2013 06:19 PM

You are trusting God when you followed DH's leading as He appointed your DH to lead you. Maybe He was guiding DH's decision to the benefit of you all even though it can be hard. I think a good prayer for these situations is "Lord, according to YOUR will soften DH's heart and guide him or close the desire in mine." I believe He will do one or the other. He will bless your non-nagging, gentle submission to your husband... in what way, only He knows!

okiemama 01-28-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies (Post 16218630)
You are trusting God when you followed DH's leading as He appointed your DH to lead you. Maybe He was guiding DH's decision to the benefit of you all even though it can be hard. I think a good prayer for these situations is "Lord, according to YOUR will soften DH's heart and guide him or close the desire in mine." I believe He will do one or the other. He will bless your non-nagging, gentle submission to your husband... in what way, only He knows!

Oh gosh thats exactly what I needed to hear thank you.

MrsAsh 02-02-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies (Post 16218630)

Agreed. :hugs:

SarasynFox 02-05-2013 07:03 PM

I know I'm not the most religious sort, but I did have a friend that took a similar issue to her pastor. It wasn't that her husband went in for the surgery, but they found out after the first that it wasn't likely they could have any more. It was highly unlikely that he had a child at all in the first place, so they were very lucky to have the one they had. Her pastor told her that perhaps God was leading her on a different path. Perhaps God was opening her up to other options where she could do some good in the world. After that she decided to have foster children and adopted two of them last I had talked to her, which was a while ago.

Maybe it would help to open your heart to God and lay it all out there, that the situation is very trying and confusing. Maybe your desire to have a larger family has to do with another calling, as my friend's did. Maybe you just need time for your DH to come around and it's not the right time for your family yet by God's will. Then again, I've also known two men who still had children even after the surgery, so there is the chance of that too. You won't know what the future holds until you get there, but perhaps through prayer you can help find some guidance through this difficult time to find the path that God is trying to lead you to.