Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Breastfeeding and first period (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486293)

keonli 01-28-2013 01:12 PM

Breastfeeding and first period

When did you get your first period???

I'm EBFing but started work last week, where I have begun to pump 3-4 times while away. My DD is only 7 weeks and my period came back today. I'm bummed.

abunchoflemons 01-28-2013 01:34 PM

Re: Breastfeeding and first period

I got mine like that next month. I don't know where people get the lucky afs that stay away til after brestfeeding is ove....

Ecdyses 01-28-2013 01:43 PM

I got mine back at 22 months. Went back to work at 4 months and pumped 3x a day until just past a year. I think a lot if it is individual biology, although I have heard that co-sleeping/night bfing draws it out (I had a reverse-cycler so lots of night nursing for a long time). If came back shortly after he dropped to only one night feeding, so I definitely thing it is related. Although I might of taken an earlier cycle in exchange for more solid sleep!

happysmileylady 01-28-2013 01:51 PM

with #2, AF appeared right away. With #3, the only one I went back to work with, it wasn't until close to a year. With this one back right away again.

keonli 01-28-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecdyses (Post 16217395)
I got mine back at 22 months. Went back to work at 4 months and pumped 3x a day until just past a year. I think a lot if it is individual biology, although I have heard that co-sleeping/night bfing draws it out (I had a reverse-cycler so lots of night nursing for a long time). If came back shortly after he dropped to only one night feeding, so I definitely thing it is related. Although I might of taken an earlier cycle in exchange for more solid sleep!

Hmmm...we co sleep and she is a night feeder too. She also is a "snacker" and nurses every hour to every hour and a half on weekends, and goes 2.5 to 3 hours at night.

Spunkify 01-28-2013 02:13 PM

13 1/2 months, 11 1/2 months, and 5 1/2 months...all EBF, no supplementing with bottles or formula, nursing around the clock day and night. I will say though that Noah did sleep a lot longer a lot earlier than the other two. He slept three hour shots as newborn, haha.

kelpie169 01-28-2013 02:16 PM

11 months with #2. 2.5 months with #3 and were tandem nursing this time. Both cosleep still. So unlucky this time!

Mellymel 01-28-2013 04:51 PM

I'm at 20 weeks still no period yet. Fingerscrossed it stays away for a while: )

Tris 01-28-2013 04:54 PM

My first, about 5 months, my second, around 18 months?

slyeates 01-28-2013 05:02 PM

I'm at 12 months and no signs of af yet. We would love to ttc so I hope it comes back soon...