Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Gimme some tips and advice on how to SLEEP (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486304)

Kiliki 01-28-2013 01:42 PM

Gimme some tips and advice on how to SLEEP

I am 34 wks preggo tomorrow.

I am getting a big uncomfortable during the day, which is normal about this time of pregnancy.

But my biggest issue right now is sleep positions. I need some tips, tricks, advice... something...

I am a side sleeper. Always have been.

But my voluptuous booty has grown in its voluptuous-ness and as a result, when I lay on my side, I am squashing all that cushion. It's fine for about 2 hrs. Then I am up and it feels like my butt cheek and my hip are cramping up from all the pressure.

I roll to the other side. I am able to sleep that way for about 2 hrs until I have the same issue.

Then both my sides ache from all the added pressure/weight. And I can't lay on my tummy. I can sometimes sneak in 30 minutes or so on my back. I am not afraid of sleeping on my back - I slept on my back almost exclusively during the 3rd trimester last pregnancy. For some reason, this time, though it's just not comfortable for me. I feel short of breath after a little bit. (I am pretty sure this is a bigger baby than last time, so that no doubt plays a part in that).

I don't have a recliner. Nor the funds to get one.

I tried sleeping propped up on the couch last night. I was miserable.

Is there a trick to distribute all this beautiful baby weight more evenly? It actually literally feels like the extra fluffiness is PULLING on my skin and muscles when I lay down.

Hungry Caterpillar 01-28-2013 01:51 PM

Re: Gimme some tips and advice on how to SLEEP

I could not sleep without this
http://www.target.com/p/back-n-belly...&ci_sku=566346

Otherwise same thing as you describe. I was at a conference for work at around 27 weeks and obviously didn't bring the pillow with me to the hotel, and the three nights I was there it was pure misery.

Kiliki 01-28-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar (Post 16217448)
I could not sleep without this
http://www.target.com/p/back-n-belly...&ci_sku=566346

Otherwise same thing as you describe. I was at a conference for work at around 27 weeks and obviously didn't bring the pillow with me to the hotel, and the three nights I was there it was pure misery.

that looks amazing.

And huge.

And fluffy. ... and... I'm tired. lol

But I don't know if I can justify spending $80 on something I will use for just 6 more weeks... ?

I'm too poor. ugh

Hungry Caterpillar 01-28-2013 01:58 PM

Are you done with kids after this?? Because it's not perishable, mine is hanging around for the next kid.

Kiliki 01-28-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar (Post 16217488)
Are you done with kids after this?? Because it's not perishable, mine is hanging around for the next kid.

:lostit: Are you SUUUUUUURE???

j.k

yes, I am totally done with kids after this one pops out.

TobinsTreasures 01-28-2013 02:05 PM

Pillows, lots of pillows.

A warm bath with candles, a foot rub, a good book, anything that helps your body relax before you go to sleep so maybe you'll sleep better.

Hang in there- I wish I could say you'll sleep better in a few weeks, but you probably won't :(

Hungry Caterpillar 01-28-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiliki (Post 16217499)
:lostit: Are you SUUUUUUURE???

j.k

yes, I am totally done with kids after this one pops out.

Pretty sure. I think I would smell it rotting since it's in my closet.

I suppose you could always create a version by sewing together a bunch of pillows but that would get pricey too.

Kiliki 01-28-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar (Post 16217534)
Pretty sure. I think I would smell it rotting since it's in my closet.

I suppose you could always create a version by sewing together a bunch of pillows but that would get pricey too.

yea, plus that sounds like work. lol.

I asked DH, I'll see what he says.

Kiliki 01-28-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey5783 (Post 16217530)
Pillows, lots of pillows.

A warm bath with candles, a foot rub, a good book, anything that helps your body relax before you go to sleep so maybe you'll sleep better.

Hang in there- I wish I could say you'll sleep better in a few weeks, but you probably won't :(

I am having no problem falling asleep at all. It's the staying asleep that is the problem. :/

And, LOL about sleeping better. I actually DO sleep better after I have a baby! Typically b/c the last stretch is so miserable. It's my 4th, so I am ready for the night nursing. Roll over, plop boob in rooting baby's mouth, drift back to sleep. Aaaaah. :giggle:

EmilytheStrange 01-28-2013 02:40 PM

I totally understand. I have a snoogle, which I LOVE (and didn't have for our 2 week vacation in Texas the last couple weeks and I slept horribly).

but.................

I don't get more than 2 hours on either side either. Even with the fancy snoogle pillow, laying on my left causes my shoulder to ache and laying on my right causes my hip to ache. At this point, both positions cause my knees to ache as well. So, I don't know that the pillows really help with the aching joints.

I recommend sleeping on the couch, but not really propped up, just using the back of it as a support along your back. I sleep really well on our couch.. until I get crazy hot cause there's no ceiling fan in the living room.

edit: and for what it's worth.. I sleep better every other night. I think it takes high levels of exhaustion to sleep when you're this uncomfortable. Do you think you're getting better sleep every other night by any chance? It helps me get through the rougher nights knowing that it'll be better the next night.