Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So in love with my GMD prefolds! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486398)

nonipie 01-28-2013 06:16 PM

So in love with my GMD prefolds!

I have tried bleached and organic GMD but never unbleached and it's been a long time since I bought prefolds. So I splurged and got some browns for my chunker. Oh my goodness, so soft! The pins slid thru them like butter. So absorbent and they aren't even fully prepped. Covered it with my new Loveybums soaker and it feels like diaper luxury here. I only got 6 though as I was going to try 6 of the Imagine bamboo/cotton prefolds. Now I'm wondering if I should just forget it and get more GMD. Which is softer? Are the bamboo more absorbent? Action shots?

leadmare 01-28-2013 07:26 PM

Re: So in love with my GMD prefolds!

I've never tried the Imagine pf's, but yay for you! Glad you like your new GMDs!

greencrunchymama 01-28-2013 08:28 PM

I've been thinking about buying some red prefolds. Do you prefer the organic or unbleached?

nonipie 01-28-2013 08:33 PM

Definitely the unbleached. Maybe it was the batch or something but they are way softer than my organics.

greencrunchymama 01-28-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonipie (Post 16219339)
Definitely the unbleached. Maybe it was the batch or something but they are way softer than my organics.

Great, thank you! :)

alaskamum 01-28-2013 09:55 PM

Interesting!
Is the unbleached a lot softer than the white? I prefer white but softness trumps color...

I've had a good batch of organics and a scratchy batch. Those were a few years ago though. The whites I had were really nice. They are all long gone though. :( I want another dozen reds.

USNsis 01-29-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencrunchymama (Post 16219383)
Great, thank you! :)

I second that one, thank you! I'm about ready to make a GMD order soon myself! :thumbsup:

nonipie 01-29-2013 10:04 AM

They are softer than the bleached I have. Although my bleached are quite soft and old and have seen a lot of use at this point. These were still softer straight out of the box.

alaskamum 01-29-2013 11:23 AM

How big is your lo? He's only a week older than mine...and you put browns on him? :) I was thinking reds...mine is short and fat but only 13 lbs. It's all in her thighs though. She spits up a ton though so I was looking at prefolds and pull on Bummis to get us through the next few months until it gets better. (also trying diet changes and meds, but after one day on the meds she was way worse so I'm not holding out hope for that route). My other dd was real refluxy too and I figured out way too late about looser options for diapers. Not a cure but it helps.

leadmare 01-29-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaskamum (Post 16221321)
How big is your lo? He's only a week older than mine...and you put browns on him? :) I was thinking reds...mine is short and fat but only 13 lbs. It's all in her thighs though. She spits up a ton though so I was looking at prefolds and pull on Bummis to get us through the next few months until it gets better. (also trying diet changes and meds, but after one day on the meds she was way worse so I'm not holding out hope for that route). My other dd was real refluxy too and I figured out way too late about looser options for diapers. Not a cure but it helps.

My lo was like that, and I really liked the GMD "wide baby" over the (organic) red edge we had. The red edge were too narrow for us, and so we're hard to snappi.