Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Woolie Mamas...What is your favorite base? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486526)

buckner6 01-29-2013 05:12 AM

Woolie Mamas...What is your favorite base?

I have recently fell in love with Pure Wool merino : )

Teddyandnick 01-29-2013 05:24 AM

Right now for my boys it is MMW or cestari. I really love the softness of Gaia but they are too rough to wear it.

HeatherDanae 01-29-2013 06:27 AM

Re: Woolie Mamas...What is your favorite base?

I really like MMW for its softness and durability. I do :wub: bulky gaia, but once my kids reach toddlerhood, I can't use it anymore.

FriedaT 01-29-2013 07:04 AM

I really like Uruguay 3-ply Merino. I used to like how light LT is because it gets so hot here but I always end up slightly felting it after a couple of washes. I'm dying to try Purewool with their sale going on but, you know, funds. I have one MMW that I had gotten through a co-op but it feels rough to me after using the merino. Maybe because it isn't lanolized yet.

qsefthuko 01-29-2013 07:53 AM

Cestari for it's durability. I haven't tried mmw yet. I have licorice twist and am hoping it holds up to my son. I have a rough and tumble boy. He isn't easy on his clothing. I would love softer yarns but for my toddler I need something that will endure his rough play.

chickabiddy 01-29-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FriedaT (Post 16220286)
I really like Uruguay 3-ply Merino. I used to like how light LT is because it gets so hot here but I always end up slightly felting it after a couple of washes. I'm dying to try Purewool with their sale going on but, you know, funds. I have one MMW that I had gotten through a co-op but it feels rough to me after using the merino. Maybe because it isn't lanolized yet.

How does the Uruguay 3-ply merino hold up? I knit DD a romper with it and loved it. It's still too big so it hasn't been tested yet.

I hate MMW. It usually softens up. I just don't like knitting it. I do like cestari but I feel like the softness varies a lot.

ckck 01-29-2013 09:16 AM

Looooove BFL :wub: The drape, the softness and I find it durable!

OrangeBananas 01-29-2013 10:20 AM

For the younger stages I love BFL and Gaia, for the toddler stages I love MMW.

Veronica 01-29-2013 12:19 PM

Gaia bulky and superwash. I love the shine to superwash:goodvibes:

808mamaof3 01-29-2013 12:27 PM

For longies/shorties/soakers: I love Gaia for the young stage and Mountain Meadow for crawlers/walkers.

I'm currently on a semi-solid kick knitting cardigans and tops right now, though.