Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Skin peeling under diaper? Have you seen it? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486667)

kelly679 01-29-2013 01:02 PM

Skin peeling under diaper? Have you seen it?

Has anyone had this? My 19 month old's skin is peeling on the thigh under her diaper. Before we went on vacation she started getting a rash where the top of the diaper touched her skin (Bg 4.0) so i assumed she had a PUL allergy. We switched her to flats and prefolds with fleece covers. It didnt go away. On vacation we used disposables but it still didnt go away till we used some hydrocortisone on it. Its cleared up now. But now the skin is peeling on her thigh. Any idea? I have her in a sposie to see if it helps, and i'm washing the diapers she wears with bleach. Then i'll do a couple hot washes to strip.

AZmommy 01-29-2013 02:22 PM

Re: Skin peeling under diaper? Have you seen it?

that sounds like eczema (my DD have it too) we love bag balm for my youngest and coconut oil for my oldest (lanolin allergy) cortizone helped when iching or swelling was an issue.
My oldest kinda out grew much of her flares thankfully for my youngest a change in detergent omiting ones with brighteners and dyes was a HUGE key also pushing foods or smumplements high in Omega 3 also a big help. (fatty acids) yogurt keffier also seems to help..

Deanna

kelly679 01-29-2013 02:47 PM

Oh no, poor baby. I can use coconut oil (usually make hubs oil up the babies i cant stand the feeling) What detergent did you use? We're using tide and its bright blue so it definatly had dyes.

Spunkify 01-29-2013 02:48 PM

Yeast, maybe? Yeast can also cause peeling skin.

AZmommy 01-29-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly679 (Post 16222269)
Oh no, poor baby. I can use coconut oil (usually make hubs oil up the babies i cant stand the feeling) What detergent did you use? We're using tide and its bright blue so it definatly had dyes.

I now use Targets Pristine clean.. I loved how tide cleaned but we always ended up with rashes even with the FnC versions.

TrennaII 01-29-2013 04:51 PM

We had that with Tide, and the doc says she sees it most often with Tide.

Country Save worked best for us, the Free & Clear and other grocery store detergents didn't get things as clean and still had stuff that irritated LO.

eschillo 01-29-2013 05:32 PM

Skin peeling after a rash is indicative of an ammonia burn....

jennayoung99 01-29-2013 05:46 PM

My DD had some peeling on chaff rashes on her thighs. Once the rash healed all that skin peeled off, but it looked totally normal underneath, nothing raw or anything.