Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Hemorrhoids (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486746)

Mommyto2B2G 01-29-2013 04:37 PM

Hemorrhoids

I'm so embarrassed to be asking about this but I am in some terrible pain. I'm 6 months pregnant and have been having horrible hemorrhoid pain.

Before everything I've tried would have helped it by now and bring it down. It has been bad since yesterday. It has nothing to do with not going, I have stomach problems (I go daily but sometimes I go alot) and combined with being pregnant I get hemorrhoids super easily now.

I can barely walk, it hurts. I can't sit on my butt, I have to lay on my side and have all day. I've tried taking a warm bath, suppositories, witch hazel wipes, topical lidociane cream and witch hazel spray. Is there something else I can do?

My dh is threatening (lol) to take me to the er because we just moved and I don't have a primary here yet to go to plus the pain is getting worse. My pain is unmanageable. Since this is such an embarrassing situation I am hesitant to go unless this is something I really need. Do you think I need to or is there more I can do at home? :blush: All advice would be appreciated. I'm still trying to decide what to do before my husband gets home and I have to decide for sure.

Mom2lucy 01-29-2013 04:38 PM

I've been having the same thing but I'm 33 weeks. Really the only thing that helps is good old preparation H.

MommyTephanie 01-29-2013 04:43 PM

I had my first and hopefully only bout with hemmorhoids after the birth of my son (my 2nd child) so I feel your pain!!

The only thing that I can suggest is dibucaine cream (not lidocaine) and loading it up all around the bumps. Then I would fold a witch hazel pad around each bump- sorry for being so graphic!!

It just took time for me. I was seen by my dr bc they were still there at 6wks pp. I hear they can use rubberbands to remove if they're really bad.

Good luck!

nettepoet 01-29-2013 05:19 PM

Re: Hemorrhoids

kegals! do 100 or more each day...they stop the blood from pooling in your veins and it helps tremendously...better than anything topical. in the meantime, up your fiber and if possible add some fresh veggie/fruit juices.

gingerpeachee 01-29-2013 06:38 PM

Are you bleeding with your BMs? I once thought I had hemorrhoids and it turned out to be a fissure and I had to have surgery the day after I finally saw the doctor.

kirst 01-29-2013 07:11 PM

I found that witch hazel does work, but not as just a wipe of quick spray. I bought the alcohol-free liquid and soaked cotton balls in it and left it on the area for about 20 min, as a poultice. I used a pad to hold everything.

Also Earth Angel Momma Bottom Balm is rreally very soothing, more so than Prep H, IMO.

Christylkeller 01-29-2013 07:31 PM

Oh, momma! I feel your pain! I just recently dealt with my 1st hemorrhoid and it was excruciating! What finally worked for me was laying on my side, and switching sides every 20-30 mins, soaking in epsom salts and applying a COLD poultice of witch hazel after the bath, then after 20 mins applying prep H cooling gel. By the next day I could walk again, but it took a week or so before I didn't notice it any longer.

Mommyto2B2G 01-29-2013 07:59 PM

Thanks for the advice ladies! I think I will try all the things suggested I haven't tried yet. :)

nette: I'll try the kegels but I don't think I can do the fiber and more fruits and veggies! I have possible G.I. issues they can't officially diagnose until after I have the baby and I am scoped. I go daily multiple times which is why this stinks. The day all this started I went 7 times. eek.

ginger: no bleeding with my BMs thank god! :) Just a lot of pain.

This has been an ongoing issue even before pregnancy but before pregnancy it was much more manageable. I had my dh check it out when he got home (he is in the medical field) and he thinks it may be thrombosed? I think that is the word he used but that scares the heck out of me. Anyone ever have that?

calleiah 01-29-2013 08:08 PM

I was about to suggest a thrombosed hemorrhoid. They hurt like nothing else but they do subside and get better after a few days. Keep up the frequent baths, use some Epsom salts and let it soak for a while. Then hose down a maxi pad with witch hazel and leave that on it. If your BMs aren't already super soft, consider some Phillips. You do not want to strain at all if you can avoid it. Try to stay off your feet, the times I've had them, it's always worse when you're up moving around. :( Sorry, I know it's miserable!

nettepoet 01-29-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun (Post 16223469)

nette: I'll try the kegels but I don't think I can do the fiber and more fruits and veggies! I have possible G.I. issues they can't officially diagnose until after I have the baby and I am scoped. I go daily multiple times which is why this stinks. The day all this started I went 7 times. eek.

yikes! im sorry mama...my son had a rough time with colitis and he had to be on a special diet bc of going too much. the only thing that ended up firming up his bowels for good was something called the specific carbohydrate diet, or SCD. its annoying to do because you start out eating basically only chicken broth and grape juice, but it works fast and really well. just (another) suggestion as something to look into.

and i swear kegels are a lifesaver for me...im pregnant right now too (due in june) and last month when i first felt a small amount of pain i did hundreds of them and it didnt erupt. with my last two kiddos i had them post delivery and kegels def brought fast relief.

feel better soon!