Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Tell me how you told *less than thrilled* parents (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486773)

melissamomof3girls 01-29-2013 07:21 PM

Tell me how you told *less than thrilled* parents

about a new pregnancy. I think we will be ttc soon and my parents do not want us to have more. I think they think it is too stressful for me and also are stuck on $$ and what we can't do for our children. They are awesome parents and very involved, but this breaks our hearts.

s@hmommy 01-29-2013 07:24 PM

Re: Tell me how you told *less than thrilled* parents

We let our 5 yo dd tell my in-laws, we knew they wouldn't be happy. They had to fake it because she is over the moon about the new baby, so we didn't have to listen to the negative comments. Who could be mean to an excited 5 yo?! lol

5lilmonkeys 01-29-2013 07:25 PM

Our number 5 was not planned, but we just found a cute way to break the news and let it set in with family. Being military, our family is not around much though.

melissamomof3girls 01-30-2013 07:22 AM

Someone shared this with me and I thought it was FANTASTIC!

Sharing the special announcement when others...

Tris 01-30-2013 07:38 AM

I just did it, and then had the awkward conversation with my dad about no, it wasn't an accident, yes, we know how to prevent that by now, and yes, despite not rolling in $$ we planned another one.
Oops! Just saw the title in new posts, didn't realize where I was :) sorry!

melissamomof3girls 01-30-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris (Post 16224392)
I just did it, and then had the awkward conversation with my dad about no, it wasn't an accident, yes, we know how to prevent that by now, and yes, despite not rolling in $$ we planned another one.
Oops! Just saw the title in new posts, didn't realize where I was :) sorry!

It's okay. :goodvibes: Still applies! Having to tell a parent who hoped you were done is hard no matter what # child!

saraOH 01-31-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls (Post 16224354)
Someone shared this with me and I thought it was FANTASTIC!

Sharing the special announcement when others...

What a lovely post! Some great words of advice from her.

We told family (who I wasn't sure of the response) at Christmas time with the kids there as buffers. I figured the more positivity happening the less likely the "questionable reaction" people would be sour faced about our news.

twinpossible 01-31-2013 02:34 PM

My hubby and I did the divided up the duty. I told my mom and he told his parents. We know my mom would be happy but worried about me (I had a late term loss before this one). We also knew his parents would not be happy at all unless it turned out to be a boy and then they would change their tune. Honestly, they are STILL nasty about it and this baby is coming in just a few weeks. It's a girl and they were very upset about that too. So all that to say I told them that we are very happy about this baby and hope that they will be too but if not then they do not have to be involved at all. I would rather have loving grandparents or none then grandparents who see my child as a "burden" (their words at Christmas, lovely right?) They just feel that two is enough and having more then two is stupid.

5lilmonkeys 01-31-2013 06:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How we told our family we were expecting #5.

yellowitchgrl 01-31-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5lilmonkeys (Post 16231596)
How we told our family we were expecting #5.

That is adorable!