Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Names that DIDN'T make the cut?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486847)

Holly dolly 01-29-2013 10:24 PM

Names that DIDN'T make the cut??

With ds1 we knew his name immediately. But we still had a short list just in case. With ds2 we couldn't decide...so he was nameless for a few hours. For both we had girl names that were not used for obvious reasons. :)

Holly dolly 01-29-2013 10:29 PM

Ds1 is Isaac Rush. Names that were on the list: Josiah, Devin, Isaiah, Adalynn, Claire and Chloe.

Ds2 is Carson Bruce. Names on the list were Josiah, Dawson, Taten, Creed, Evalynn, Mercy and Eva.

I love Josiah and dh hates it. If we are blessed with a girl her name will be Eva or Evalynn after my great grandma.

karlitacat 01-29-2013 10:32 PM

Re: Names that DIDN'T make the cut??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly dolly (Post 16223947)
I love Josiah and dh hates it. If we are blessed with a girl her name will be Eva or Evalynn after my great grandma.

That's funny... my son's name is Josiah James. I had to convince my hubby to go for it - "It sounds like 'Jesse James'!" - and even I wasn't crazy about the fact that it might turn into "Joe." But I love it and it really suits him.

Mom2ManyBlessings 01-29-2013 11:18 PM

Most were because we had the opposite gender, but a few were just because it didnt win. :)
Essex, Taylor Faith, Savannah, Collin, Abigail, Providence, Justice, William

twinpossible 01-30-2013 08:55 AM

When we were expecting the twins we had two girl names, two boy names and one of each that sounded nice together since we were team green. Our girls took both girl names, Grace & Emma. Our boy names were Jesse & Rowan and if we had one of each they were going to be Jesse & Emma. This time around we recycled Rowan if we had a boy but we are having a girl so we ran out of girl names :giggle: It was really hard to name this one!
Names that didn't make the cut but we liked them when said with our other girls names were: Lydia, Molly, Morgann, Aubrey and Charlotte.

GrazieGirl 01-30-2013 09:27 AM

The daughter I never had would have been named Haven, I used every boy name I ever loved!

JennTheMomma 01-30-2013 12:57 PM

For ds1 - we knew the first name right away, but for middle names we didn't know until the end. So middle names that got cut were Duilio, Mori, Giuliani. For girls name we had Natalie

For ds2 - We considered the first name Asa for awhile, and then the same middle names as above, but we didn't use any of them. For girls names we had Lailey (Laila and Lilly together, DH's pick)

Both of the girls names (we don't know the gender) we thought of last time we will not be using if this one is a girl. But on our list we have Giulietta, Maddalena, Fia, Mariella, Leora, Violetta, Gisella.

RunawayBunny 01-30-2013 01:36 PM

Our girl names were Abigail (cut because my cousin is Abigail) and Evelyn (cut only because I have two boys!).

Our boy names that got cut were Calvin and Alexander. I actually still prefer Calvin, but our choice for this baby (Nathaniel) was a compromise.

NappyChappy 01-30-2013 02:51 PM

Declan Cash and Ingrid Beatrice

mmeneely 01-30-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2ManyBlessings (Post 16224053)
Most were because we had the opposite gender, but a few were just because it didnt win. :)
Essex, Taylor Faith, Savannah, Collin, Abigail, Providence, Justice, William

Essex is outstanding! Thanks for another idea mamma!:thumbsup: