Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   Stagnating (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487032)

marliah 01-30-2013 02:29 PM

Stagnating

I need some pushes to keep going mommas, sadly my declutter kick died out on me lol. I did lots and we are maintaining a clean house but I don't want to get clutter built back up, how do you ensure that on a small scale daily basis between major purges?

I was reallY bad recently too, ordered more cloth diapers than I needed :blush: i will certianly use them but i could have gotten by with less thn i have. Im feeling guilty about that and need to declutter some more to keep things in order here but have not been super motivated lately (due partly to a 6 month old teething and lack of sleep)

Please share your tips with me (and help me stop looking at diapers too! Lol)

tallanvor 01-30-2013 02:52 PM

Re: Stagnating

Do something small -- one shelf or one drawer. Do a couple throughout the week.

cherylchoo 01-30-2013 04:43 PM

The last time I was where you are, I took a list from flylady of 15 minute missions (filtered old emails, I think) and tried to do those every day, or at least every other day/few days. You can do the same with the mini-missions here, maybe?

~Laura~ 01-30-2013 06:01 PM

I sometimes have to do something completely different. Recently I reorganized my boys bedroom. I ended up purging but that wasn't the purpose. Maybe try reorganizing or rearranging things. :goodvibes:

marliah 01-31-2013 06:17 AM

I actually use flylady so that's helping maintain :) thanks for the encouragement! I think I got the kick I needed last night when dh informed me that we are going to list our house for sale! We have been going back and forth on it for a while (would be a good thing if it works out) and that gives me major incentive to declutter! I refuse to move junk lol.

elizabeth.scalf 01-31-2013 07:16 AM

We are about to list too and had a realtor come out to the house. He basically told my DH 'get rid of the clutter and it will sell.'. I'm sorry, WHAT? Does he not realize what I've ALREADY thrown away? Loll. It is a great incentive to get started again. Rearranging furniture is always great for motivation, as is watching an episode of Hoarders.

leadmare 02-05-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf (Post 16228747)
We are about to list too and had a realtor come out to the house. He basically told my DH 'get rid of the clutter and it will sell.'. I'm sorry, WHAT? Does he not realize what I've ALREADY thrown away? Loll. It is a great incentive to get started again. Rearranging furniture is always great for motivation, as is watching an episode of Hoarders.

THAT is funny :giggle2:

Fashionably Green Baby 02-05-2013 03:53 PM

I have stagnated as well. I have a ton of stuff for the consignment sale but that isn't until April. I just need a kick in the butt.

toys2teach 02-05-2013 05:35 PM

:thumbsup:We just put our house on the market and you are right - it is definitely a motivator. I am determined to have the most decluttered and organized closets around. I have probably made 5 trips to donate items this month alone. I do think that re doing a closet or moving around furniture/staging the house- those all help motivate also!