Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Cloth training pants that also work well as diapers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487147)

gairfowl 01-30-2013 08:14 PM

Cloth training pants that also work well as diapers?

DS is a big 17-month-old who has almost outgrown his one-size cloth diapers. I'd like to get him a few bigger ones, but if possible I'd like some that could also double as trainers when (hopefully soon!) he's ready to potty train. Any recommendations? Ideally I'd like side snaps and either a stuffable pocket or enough built-in absorbancy to work as a real diaper.

AHASRADA 01-30-2013 09:41 PM

I'm using ME AIOs. They are great, very absorbent diapers that are fairly easy to pull up and down, especially if you snap them a little looser. They are side-snapping. A little bulky, but nap-worthy and has space to lay in a doubler if you want.

Large Simplex can work also, if the fit works on your LO. I always have to stuff them, though, and they still always leak after 3 hours. Trimmer than ME.

I also like my Antsy Pants, but they are too pricy new for what they are. They are super-easy to pull up and down, but have a funny boxy cut that doesn't give quite enough coverage across the backside. I'd snap some up if you find them used on here.

gairfowl 01-31-2013 08:24 PM

Re: Cloth training pants that also work well as diapers?

Thanks! I have one Antsy Pants, which I bought new ($$$!) after reading lots of positive reviews about it, but it just fits him weird. As you said, boxy and not quite enough booty coverage. I also have a Kissa's, which is cute and fits him well, but isn't really absorbent enough on its own and is hard to stuff with its skinny little pocket. I'll keep my eyes out for the others you mentioned. Thanks again!

ladiebug2663 04-02-2013 02:26 PM

Grovia my choice stuffed with newborn bamboo infant prefold

hollymdemotte 04-03-2013 04:59 PM

I could use some too! I have been reading many reviews and still have not found anything worth buying yet IMO

AshleeRose 04-03-2013 06:47 PM

Happy Heinys pocket trainers sound like they would fit the bill! They can be a bit poofy, but they even work for nighttime if you double stuff.

Earthy Crunchy Mama 06-08-2013 12:45 PM

Super undies daytime with snaps or Flips.

umajo 07-18-2013 09:04 PM

I like the superundies pocket trainers. They have side snaps (toward the back) and a wide enough pocket to add plenty of absorbancy.