Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Where is everyone yarn shopping these days? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487206)

10Newtons 01-31-2013 07:06 AM

Where is everyone yarn shopping these days?

BST here and Spots are dead.....no co-ops that I can find going on?

Is everyone "over" yarn???:headscratch:

HGrace 01-31-2013 08:26 AM

Re: Where is everyone yarn shopping these days?

Soooooo not over yarn :giggle: But I bet it's slow right now coming off of Christmas (and the money spent during that time!) and people waiting for tax returns. Plus it might be kind of that in-between time of not shopping for winter woolies but not being ready to start spring/summer shopping. Coops do always seem a little slower during the month of January, probably mamas taking a break after Christmas :)

10Newtons 01-31-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HGrace (Post 16229040)
Soooooo not over yarn :giggle: But I bet it's slow right now coming off of Christmas (and the money spent during that time!) and people waiting for tax returns. Plus it might be kind of that in-between time of not shopping for winter woolies but not being ready to start spring/summer shopping. Coops do always seem a little slower during the month of January, probably mamas taking a break after Christmas :)

I guess that makes sense. :) Hopefully it will pick up SOON! I need a project. :)

HookedByCarolyn 01-31-2013 08:58 AM

There's some in stock at yarn loft and bear & pants. And fairy blue coop going on.

chickabiddy 01-31-2013 09:08 AM

Ravelry for coops and FOST?
There also seem to be a bunch of coops on Facebook. Luckily for my wallet I am totally lost there.

NewMommy6111 01-31-2013 09:45 AM

I was lucky enough to join the mosaic moon yarn club. I get 2 skeins of a surprise colorway and 1 skein of matching trim each month.

10Newtons 01-31-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewMommy6111 (Post 16229451)
I was lucky enough to join the mosaic moon yarn club. I get 2 skeins of a surprise colorway and 1 skein of matching trim each month.

How fun!!!! I might have to try and do that sometime! :)

FriedaT 01-31-2013 10:55 AM

My DH won't let me get any yarn right now because I have too much waiting to be knit up. He doesn't understand the concept of a "stash", he thinks you should only get what you need :(

Mosaic Moon almost always has a co-op going on on Ravelry and YLU is always doing co-ops. Otherwise I'm not sure since I'm not shopping right now. Although, if anyone has 2 skeins of MM Dragon's Lair with gray trim on 3-ply merino, I'll bypass "the system" (my DH, lol) and take it off your hands! I never seem to have pp when that colorway comes up and it's one of my favorites.

MrsStripe 01-31-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FriedaT (Post 16229774)
My DH won't let me get any yarn right now because I have too much waiting to be knit up. He doesn't understand the concept of a "stash", he thinks you should only get what you need :(

Mosaic Moon almost always has a co-op going on on Ravelry and YLU is always doing co-ops. Otherwise I'm not sure since I'm not shopping right now. Although, if anyone has 2 skeins of MM Dragon's Lair with gray trim on 3-ply merino, I'll bypass "the system" (my DH, lol) and take it off your hands! I never seem to have pp when that colorway comes up and it's one of my favorites.

I have one skein of it on that base an 2 skeins on MMS. I might have gray trim to match the 3ply, but you have to wait until April when kid3 makes their arrival to see if I keeping or could destash:giggle:

ddcmommy 01-31-2013 02:05 PM

I'm on a yarn diet. UGH!!