Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How many pillows? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487253)

ChocoChoco 01-31-2013 10:01 AM

How many pillows?

I'm curious how many or what kind of pillows you use for sleeping while pregnant. I am 27 weeks now and wholly uncomfortable. I need 4 firm ones in bed to keep me supported all around when I sleep on my side. It does an okay job, but I've been wondering if I should just get a full size pregnancy pillow.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

3 ladybugs 01-31-2013 10:29 AM

Re: How many pillows?

At the end of my son's pregnancy I was sleeping on 2 normal bed pillows and a pillow from our pillow backed sofa. I was basically sleeping sitting up. It is no wonder I nearly threw up during my c-section. :laugh: This time I am planning on going to our futon that has a setting that isn't laying flat, and not sitting straight up. I will prop me up with pillows and call it good.

Is that what you were wanting to know? Before I got to the point where I had to sit up, I adjusted our sleep number bed to make myself comfortable.

Belle 01-31-2013 10:57 AM

I used one giant pregnancy pillow. I forget the brand, but it was $60-ish from amazon and worth every penny. I could roll over without adjusting my whole set up.

ChocoChoco 01-31-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle
I used one giant pregnancy pillow. I forget the brand, but it was $60-ish from amazon and worth every penny. I could roll over without adjusting my whole set up.

Actually something like that sounds ideal. If I switch sides, then I swap 2 pillows because one is for back support and the other is for hugging/belly cushion. I'll have to take a look at Amazon options....just a big item to purchase to potentially not do the job I want.

I've thought about switching to our couch for support on one side, but it's a little sunken in with age now. Maybe I should just look into recliners!

emeyer76 01-31-2013 12:08 PM

I just got 2 long "body pillows" from Target. At $10 a piece, it was way less expensive than a pregnancy pillow and much more flexible. I keep wanting to make some OBV covers for them, but can't seem to find the time.... but even as is, I love them! I put one on either side of me for back/belly support and I can flip to either side in the middle of the night really easily (unless one of the dogs has tried to claim a part of the pillow :giggle:)

Mom2Connor 01-31-2013 12:56 PM

I'm almost 29 wks and using two normal pillows to sleep on (acid reflux) and I have a long one as a body pillow but it's so squished now that it isn't helping much. I have used it since I was pregnant with DS so it's been snuggled on too much now.

Nijntje 01-31-2013 01:23 PM

I have one regular pillow and one long "sausage" pregnancy body pillow right now at 25 weeks, but I think I maxed out at around 4 plus the sausage during my last pregnancy. :giggle: two for back support, two under the head and the body pillow running down the front to support belly and between the knees.

Kiliki 01-31-2013 01:32 PM

I have been having a terrible time sleeping. I'm maxing out at like 5 hrs of sleep a night. I'm *tired*. :\

I have one pillow for my head, a body pillow plus an extra one between my legs on TOP of the body pillow.

But I am not sleeping well and am very very very uncomfortable most of the time.

I will probably start sleeping full time on the couch. I tried it a few nights ago, and it was better than the bed, but still not very good sleep. I missed sleeping next to DH. :blush:

EmilytheStrange 01-31-2013 04:50 PM

I use a snoogle. This is my second pregnancy with the snoogle and it was worth its money.

ETA: plus it takes up way less room in the bed than 2 pillows at my back and 2 pillows at my front. and rolling over onto my other side is easy because of the curves on the pillow, I don't have to ever adjust it, well, except to pull it up between my legs where I want it :)

lynn97 02-01-2013 12:22 AM

I have a Preggle and I like it. It is much smaller than the Snoogle but made by the same people.