Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Nesting? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487256)

jessicanashville 01-31-2013 10:06 AM

Nesting?

This pretty much starts for me every pregnancy as soon as the horrible morning sickness goes away.... But.. It has been getting so much worse lately!
I am organizing and reorganizing things. I even found myself wanting to go through the baby clothes this morning and purge the not totally cute or great condition clothes! At this rate I am going to be able to post on the Minimalist Families board by the end of this pregnancy!!! Tell me I am not the only one!

USNsis 01-31-2013 11:13 AM

Re: Nesting?

I want to purge my own things, but haven't had a lot of downtime to do it. There's a ton of "stuff" I want to donate, sell, etc, but there's not enough hours in the day! (Or energy/motivation!)

jessicanashville 01-31-2013 11:53 AM

Oh no... I must be the only one. At least it should make sense to everyone why I have so much for sale on FSOT :) It is driving me kinda crazy though that a lot of its just sitting here and not selling fast enough.

mibarra 01-31-2013 01:19 PM

I am too. I WANT to get rid of tons of stuff but DH has a hard time letting things go. I could fill up two van fulls for good will just off the top of my head... :)

EmilytheStrange 01-31-2013 03:44 PM

not here :) but I didn't nest at all with DD. might be nice to nest this time around, we'll see.

A friend of mine is 35 weeks tomorrow, I think. she was saying that she was disappointed that she's still not nesting.. so, you might be pretty early :) hard to say!

I think I'll let myself start trying to nest more around 33 weeks. Start washing diapers and clothes. Maybe put the crib back together and pull the carseat out of the garage :)

Southern Momma 01-31-2013 03:59 PM

Oh, you're not alone! I'm totally nesting! I've purged the closets, shed, carport AND laundry room. A local thrift shop has been out twice to pick up donations AND they'll be out once more to pick up some furniture we really don't need. I have a box filling up of things to sell, too. I'm also organizing and washing EVERYTHING!

jessicanashville 01-31-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16230888)
not here :) but I didn't nest at all with DD. might be nice to nest this time around, we'll see.

A friend of mine is 35 weeks tomorrow, I think. she was saying that she was disappointed that she's still not nesting.. so, you might be pretty early :) hard to say!

I think I'll let myself start trying to nest more around 33 weeks. Start washing diapers and clothes. Maybe put the crib back together and pull the carseat out of the garage :)

I think part of it was knowing I went into labor 8 weeks early with my last son and that's NEXT WEEK if it happens again!! I have the crib up, changing table up, clothes put away, diapers prepped...and am finishing up my to-do list for around the house. I have everything bought for baby down to the paper cups and paper plates for postpartum. Now I guess I just wait and see what happens :)

jessicanashville 01-31-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southern Momma (Post 16230960)
Oh, you're not alone! I'm totally nesting! I've purged the closets, shed, carport AND laundry room. A local thrift shop has been out twice to pick up donations AND they'll be out once more to pick up some furniture we really don't need. I have a box filling up of things to sell, too. I'm also organizing and washing EVERYTHING!

I would love to get out in my garage and shed but it is soooooo cold here I can't motivate myself to get out there. Maybe if we have a warm day before baby comes :goodvibes:

EmilytheStrange 01-31-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicanashville (Post 16230990)
I think part of it was knowing I went into labor 8 weeks early with my last son and that's NEXT WEEK if it happens again!! I have the crib up, changing table up, clothes put away, diapers prepped...and am finishing up my to-do list for around the house. I have everything bought for baby down to the paper cups and paper plates for postpartum. Now I guess I just wait and see what happens :)

I'm sure that would drive any sane person into a nesting frenzy :)

babyWmom 01-31-2013 06:24 PM

I am most definitely nesting. I already have clothes washed and am so obsessed with crafting for the nursery it is a bit ridiculous. I am organizing and cleaning all the time. It is going to be a long 12 weeks if this keeps up.