Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   If You Have Wooden Trains... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487258)

MommyZ of 2 01-31-2013 10:08 AM

If You Have Wooden Trains...

3 Attachment(s)
...and children who destroy your hard work when they come like a tornado through the island of Sodor- I stumbled on these connectors on Amazon. They are the single best purchase I have made. Trust me, you need these!

Sure track connectors

Attachment 132564

Attachment 132565

Attachment 132566

That last pic is me holding 5 pieces of connected track, and they STAY connected! How have I went 3 years without ever knowing about these?

savingmomof2boys 01-31-2013 10:17 AM

Thank you! I desperately need these. My 17 month old loves to destroy his older brothers work.

slyeates 01-31-2013 10:18 AM

Wow must buy these! Amazon?

danielle 01-31-2013 10:20 AM

Hmm I like those. Is it just for accidents? Can a determined toddler take them apart?

MommyZ of 2 01-31-2013 11:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, I got them on Amazon. They were a suggested item, and the only one I've ever bitten on.

You slide them onto the ends of the track pieces, put them together, then slide the connector so its centered over the place where the two pieces connect.

They fit more tightly on some pieces than others, and don't fit on the bridges and stuff, so there are still some weak points. My fingers are a little sore after using all 28 connectors, but not too bad. A determined child could get them apart, but it would be more difficult. The boys have taken connected pieces and used them as swords, and they held up well.
One thing you can do that is so cool, and the boys love, is to connect a bunch of ascending/ descending track pieces to make one giant, bumpy hill that goes from the table to the floor. Then they play "The Little Engine That Could" and "I think I can, I think I can" all the way up the hill, not to mention sailing the trains down the hill!

I'm so happy we got these, and just wanted to share. They're so great! I bought two packs if 14 each, but i think I'm gonna get another two. My last construction of track lasted an entire week. Then I took it apart to reconfigure. Our weakest part was the bridge that comes with the Thomas figure 8 track. That thing's a PITB!

Edited for pic of big hill!

Attachment 132570

sisu 01-31-2013 01:40 PM

Re: If You Have Wooden Trains...

Oh, we need these, DS gets so upset when DD ruins all his hard work. Thanks for posting this!

escapethevillage 01-31-2013 02:12 PM

Has anybody tried Amazon in the last few minutes? I think it's down. Kinda weird.

MIpiccolo44 01-31-2013 02:45 PM

ooooh - we have a couple of these, and I had no idea what they were! Also, I LOVE that big hill - little engine that could idea!

kalapolo 01-31-2013 08:38 PM

Thank you for sharing! I am going to take a look at these!

Icryinbaseball 01-31-2013 08:47 PM

Good in theory, but we always put the tracks away when we are done. If not I would have eleven-billion tracks stretching from the playroom down the hallway and the stairs and looping back all the time.