Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Favorite feta recipes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487335)

theonenonlymrssmith 01-31-2013 12:09 PM

Favorite feta recipes?

I've got a Costco sized tub of feta about to expire. I need some ideas! We have already made

Spinach feta pizza
Spinach feta stuffed chicken
Greek dip with feta

What's your favorite feta recipe?

ccserrano 01-31-2013 12:11 PM

Spinach pie

Nijntje 01-31-2013 12:16 PM

Re: Favorite feta recipes?

a sort of quiche with phyllo dough crust and a feta, greek yogurt, broccoli and serrano ham filling is one of my favorites.

harmoni247 01-31-2013 12:17 PM

My favorite is feta and eggplant ravioli.

I have to ask...do you remember ho much the tub cost and hat size? Id love to find a more affordable feta so we can have it more often, I am in LOVE with that cheese

ETA: Oh and artichoke, feta, and spinach omelets...mmmm

chandni3 01-31-2013 12:22 PM

Fajitas with feta
Bean salad with feta
Spaghetti squash with feta (cook squash in oven for hour. Remove seeds and scoop out the inside. Mix with cooked onions, tomato or sundried tomato, black olives and feta. Season with salt and basil or any other seasoning you like.)
Walnut tacos = (put 3 cups of walnut in a blender with a garlic clove and pulse until the consistancy of ground beef. Put in a bowl and add cumin powder and cilantro/coriander powder about 1 to 2 tbsp each and salt to taste. Add in feta. Put in a wrap or taco with salsa, lettuce, avocado and whatever other toppings you like. Very very filling.

theonenonlymrssmith 01-31-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harmoni247
My favorite is feta and eggplant ravioli.

I have to ask...do you remember ho much the tub cost and hat size? Id love to find a more affordable feta so we can have it more often, I am in LOVE with that cheese

ETA: Oh and artichoke, feta, and spinach omelets...mmmm

It's 24oz for like 8-10$ or so I can't remember the exact price. But I know it's a great deal compared to the same brand at sprouts.

Thanks everyone for the ideas! Keep em coming!

GreenDahlia 01-31-2013 01:15 PM

Greek fries! I make my own fries. When they come out of the oven, add greek dressing, feta, and parsley. Yum!

I also use it on corn. I think it's a Bobby Flay recipe. You squeeze lime juice over the cooked corn/cob. Then add a butter that is mixed with cayenne pepper and whatever other spices you want. Then add feta.

theonenonlymrssmith 01-31-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenDahlia
Greek fries! I make my own fries. When they come out of the oven, add greek dressing, feta, and parsley. Yum!

I also use it on corn. I think it's a Bobby Flay recipe. You squeeze lime juice over the cooked corn/cob. Then add a butter that is mixed with cayenne pepper and whatever other spices you want. Then add feta.

Yum!! I will try this one tomorrow! (The corn)

ashley84 01-31-2013 01:35 PM

Feta with a spoon? :giggle:

I love me some feta!

theonenonlymrssmith 01-31-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashley84
Feta with a spoon? :giggle:

I love me some feta!

Haha I've eaten feta and tomatoes for lunch 2 days in a row!!