Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bac-Out? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487395)

ardeur 01-31-2013 02:33 PM

Bac-Out?

Should I get some of this? I'll be using flats mostly.

McDMom 01-31-2013 05:37 PM

With flats I say no, there's not really a need.

DottieHarley 01-31-2013 06:01 PM

I have never actually used it on dipes, however i have two dogs and DD sporadically wants to "wear undies" so it has been used all over the carpets and couch! Its great stuff!

m0mmyluvzm3 02-10-2013 11:16 AM

Re: Bac-Out?

I never thought about using this on dog pee! I have used vinegar whenever our fur baby makes a mess, but it doesn't get the discolor out... I wonder if bac out will work better?

aylasmommy 02-10-2013 11:26 AM

I use bac out on everything so I say yes. It's great for spit up and other messes those babies make :-)

Pixi6s 02-10-2013 11:33 AM

I have only really used it to soak the Microfiber inserts in their wet pail. I'd say no reason to prebuy.

Liz*RN*BSN 02-10-2013 01:10 PM

I used bac-out for a while but did not notice it helped with staining or getting the diapers any more clean than normal so I cut it out of my wash routine.

ljeanbeans 02-10-2013 01:16 PM

I bought some finally about a month ago. It works great for getting smells out. I don't think I want to spray it directly on the dipes anymore. I realized one aio I had said no enzymes. It doesn't help with stains like I thought it would. I think it's good to assist with stripping.

debcita429 02-10-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0mmyluvzm3 (Post 16272167)
I never thought about using this on dog pee! I have used vinegar whenever our fur baby makes a mess, but it doesn't get the discolor out... I wonder if bac out will work better?

Before I discovered Bac-Out (and quite possibly before it was ever made) I used to use a product for dog/cat pee stains on my clothing underarms. Bac-Out is really the same thing as that discontinued pet product but with a different scent (same enzyme odor lifters, etc.). I can't speak to its usefulness for diapers, but I use it for a lot of stuff. I'm learning that enzyme products like bac-out should never be allowed to sit on wool or silk, however, as some of the enzymes eat proteins (handy when you have an egg stain, less handy if you wear and wash a lot of wool and silk, which are made of protein).

LionMama 02-10-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DottieHarley
I have never actually used it on dipes, however i have two dogs and DD sporadically wants to "wear undies" so it has been used all over the carpets and couch! Its great stuff!

^^^^ This

I actually bought after ds had some naked time and peed on the couch. But it's been wonderful for pet stains as we are training our 4 month old dog who pees on everything.