Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Craft Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   February Use Your Stash Chatter thread (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487500)

Rdesonia 01-31-2013 07:03 PM

February Use Your Stash Chatter thread

Game is http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1487362.

If you have any questions, comments, pictures, or other general crafty craziness please post here!

Weekly Challenges (bonus points)

Week 1- 2/1 to 2/7 Get ready for Valentine's week. Anything made with hearts (red or pink yarn) or for someone you love get a bonus 5 points!

Week 2- 2/7 to 2/14 Guilty Pleasures/Madi gras week (The 13th is Ash Wednesday). Anything with ruffles, velvet, satin (ribbon included), beaded, candy themed fabric, coffee/soda themed fabric, or bright Madi Gras style colors get an extra 5 pts.

Week 3- 2/15 to 2/21 President's week.. Anything in the colors of your country (red white AND blue), eagles themed fabric, or money themed fabric (All Green yarn projects), or cherry themed fabric (for Washington's Birthday) get 5 pts per item

Week 4- 2/22 to 2/28 Community week.... To encourage Diaperswapper community involvement... Anything made for another Mom/FFS/Mom2Mom on Diaperswappers get an additional 5 pts per item! (It must be a completed item and not yarn or fabric)

Let's all have a fun and productive Month! Ready, set, ...don't go till after midnight....:giggle2:

MommyLyssa 01-31-2013 08:10 PM

Re: February Use Your Stash Chatter thread

I have a couple quick questions.

To sign up, how do I do it? I saw some just saying I am in, while others listed goals…Is either fine? I have some goals and things I want to try to accomplish, but with my skill, who knows how well that will go!

Also, toward the end of the month, I might need help tallying up the points, because I don't quite get all of it. Most yes, but a few things confuse me.

I cannot wait! I know my husband is looking forward to me not buying any fabric either :)

3boys_mom 01-31-2013 08:55 PM

Rdesonia~for President's week, you have listed 'all green yarn projects', if I have a project that is predominantly green, but has absolutely nothing to do with presidents, will that count? Are the bonuses one time only?

Alyssa~some people will post quickly to 'hold their spot' and come back later and edit their post with an intro and goals and ultimately points. My first stash game I played, I was pretty much a novice at everything. If you want, start small with your goals. If you see that you are moving right along you can add to your list (or not) and just continue with your points. Any of the mommas that play will gladly help with points.

MommyLyssa 01-31-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3boys_mom (Post 16232542)
Rdesonia~for President's week, you have listed 'all green yarn projects', if I have a project that is predominantly green, but has absolutely nothing to do with presidents, will that count? Are the bonuses one time only?

Alyssa~some people will post quickly to 'hold their spot' and come back later and edit their post with an intro and goals and ultimately points. My first stash game I played, I was pretty much a novice at everything. If you want, start small with your goals. If you see that you are moving right along you can add to your list (or not) and just continue with your points. Any of the mommas that play will gladly help with points.

Will I get penalized for not completing things I wrote down as goals?

stevensmom 01-31-2013 09:03 PM

no you will not get penalized :goodvibes:

stevensmom 01-31-2013 09:04 PM

I'm hoping to get out of the first tri funk and get my mojo back to work on things. I have a few project bags I want to make and start working on newbie stuff :wub:

MrsStripe 01-31-2013 09:14 PM

My goal is a lot of newbie stuff. I should be winding yarn right now, but putting it off. Going to knit a baby blanket yay!! And at least 1 sweater longies set, and hopefully 2 more pair of longies, along with sewing each of the boys a fleece blanket for when they move in together.

Rdesonia 01-31-2013 09:19 PM

No there are no penalties for not completing goals. It's just a "I hope to do this" list. Your goal can be anything from ... trying a new pattern to making one thing a week. It's up to you.

Bonuses are PER ITEM that week. You make 5 items you get 5 extra points per item. (total 25 bonus points).
I just want to equalize things. A bonus with themed fabric would put a person who sews at an advantage over people who exclusively knit. I realize green yarn has nothing to do with presidents but I'm trying to level the playing field.(ie money theme fabric) So the item doesn't have to be "president" related as long as it is made from green yarn. (It could be a pair of lime green, gray, black colorway longies with lime trim with a dark green shamrock on the booty... Just as long as it is mostly all green. Or it could be a Christmas item.) I hope that isn't confusing. I'm just trying to make it fair for both groups.

3boys_mom 01-31-2013 09:29 PM

^Thank you for answering my questions. And MommyLyssa, hope yours were answered!

3boys_mom 01-31-2013 09:33 PM

And it's a good thing for not getting penalized for NOT completing your goals...as I've listed trainers for DS3 and a dress for DD1 many many times...and haven't done either yet. ;)