Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Earning/Saving Extra Money ~ Check In Here ~ Feb 1-14 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487654)

badmisterkitty 02-01-2013 09:50 AM

Earning/Saving Extra Money ~ Check In Here ~ Feb 1-14

It's a new month!! Anyone care to share their progress from last month?

New to this thread? Post your goals! Ask for ideas!

Been working on earning/saving extra? Post your progress! Ask for advice!

I love coming back to this thread every couple of days to see where everyone is at!! The stories are amazing!

badmisterkitty 02-01-2013 09:59 AM

Re: Earning/Saving Extra Money ~ Check In Here ~ Feb 1-14

AFM: My goal is $50 extra a week. I am saving up a year's tuition for my kid's private K this fall. I would like to send her to this school long term, so my plan is to save up for this year, then start over in August when she starts school.

I am currently working on selling on ebay and craigslist. I started selling the Franciscan pottery my MIL found in her trailer and gave to me. I also have a whole bunch of Nintendo games to sell. I am starting to put together a new tote of stuff for OUAC, but it's mostly winter so my hopes aren't too high. I bought a few things for resale at a local thrift shop's seasonal clearance, but again, it's winter and I might have to hold onto it for awhile.

So that's basically what I plan to work on this month.

What's everyone else up to? :)

LionMama 02-01-2013 10:26 AM

Well last month we did great- made just over 3k selling some dh's comics and collectible as well as some household items (ds crib set, baby clothes, etc) and a few of my purses. We paid off our credit card debt and $500 emergency fund.

This month our goal is $1000. We need $300 just to stay in the black. The rest will be spit between saving for our 2nd adoption and paying off my student loans. The adoption will likely cost around $20k and my student loans are at $16k so we have a long way to go. I'm determined to stay motivated and keep listing!

FormallyMichele 02-01-2013 10:48 AM

I want to start budgeting and figure out where our $$ is going!!

So my goal this month is tracking, tracking, tracking and working on meal planning.

badmisterkitty 02-01-2013 11:26 AM

Lionmama, that's awesome with the comics! Are you done selling them or do you have some left?

cpendergraff, is this welcome?? If so, welcome! Good luck with your budgeting. Post here if you are stuck on anything.

lensesforeyes 02-01-2013 11:55 AM

My goal for the month is $500. We are working really hard to pay of debt ASAP, so we can start saving for a house. Short term goal is to be out of debt no later than June 10th, long term is to have 10k saved by May or June of next year. We have a little over $900 of DH's pay going to debt each month, so this should be relatively realistic, especially if I can keep up with bringing money in!

This month I have a few big items I can sell, but I am also going to look for odd jobs, as is DH. I'm also going to start working a bit more on my Usborne book selling. We are also going to try to come in under budget on food, which may be a little more tricky since we just found out we need to go gluten free.

LionMama 02-01-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmisterkitty
Lionmama, that's awesome with the comics! Are you done selling them or do you have some left?

There's a lot left, but we did sell the big ones this month. Most of them are at his parents house and won't be able to get them until our trip to visit next month.

Now the focus will be on selling collections instead if one comic at a time. It's more work but it's worth it. The first time ever jve been thrilled about dh's years of obsessive comic collecting!

FormallyMichele 02-01-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmisterkitty

cpendergraff, is this welcome?? If so, welcome! Good luck with your budgeting. Post here if you are stuck on anything.

Yes. This is my first post :)

wolffie 02-01-2013 01:09 PM

I'm joining you guys this month! I have a ton to purge and get rid of! I've has some items listed on craigslist for awhile now and I need to get them to move! My goal for this month is going to be $500. I did sell my nursery glider this morning for $60 and I have someone who is supposed to pick up the nursery bedding/decor soon so that will be $100. I have to get serious about listing some things that I have been meaning to get rid of. We just spent quite a bit of money on dd's new "big girl room" furniture and decor so I would like to make some of that back by getting rid of what we still have sitting around.

ETA: I went through our DVD's this afternoon and found a few to sell that would make us about $24. Not too bad considering I can't remember the last time we watched one of our movies. We typically watch on demand, netflix, library, or redbox movies now. I just have to ship the movies tomorrow.

new_mommy78 02-01-2013 07:28 PM

Last month we made just over $800. I still have some big ticket items on CL, and I have started selling off my diaper stash on ebay. My goal for this month is going to be around $300. I am hoping to do better than that, but I think $300 should be easy to do without really having to push too hard.
I am mostly doing this to just clear the clutter out of the house, but DH and I have decided that we will use them money that I make to relandscape the front yard, and paint the exterior of the house this summer. So I now have an "official" goal. :)