Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Take the kid or not? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487656)

Mama*Kim 02-01-2013 10:53 AM

Take the kid or not?

Today is the last day of business at my family's restaurant. I've been working there since it opened 9 years ago. I don't normally work Fridays, but I'm going down today to help out, shake hands, cry, all that good stuff. A friend will be watching DS2. I have the option of taking DS1 (5 years old) with me or leaving him with my friend who is also the mom of his best friend. Part of me wants to take him and have him be there for one last day. He's come to work with me many, many times, and the restaurant has been a part of his whole life. The other side of me wants to leave him with his friend and go this alone. He doesn't care all that much one way or another, but seems to want to go with me. I think mostly because he thinks I want him to go.

Take him or leave him?

danielle 02-01-2013 10:58 AM

Take him.

mibarra 02-01-2013 10:59 AM

Re: Take the kid or not?

I would probably leave him. Sounds like it will be a little stressful for you, and for me personally I'd rather leave my child somewhere where I know they'll be playing and having fun than with mama for a stressful experience in that situation. :)

Mama*Kim 02-01-2013 11:00 AM

FWIW, he did come in for lunch yesterday, so he has had a recent, non stressful visit.

MommyLyssa 02-01-2013 11:08 AM

If he is ok with it, I would leave him. If he seems like he wants a time to say good bye, taking him might be better.

I_run_with_scissors 02-01-2013 11:26 AM

Have you asked him if he wanted to go? I would take him if he wants to come, but if he doesnt really care since he was there yesterday i would have him stay with the sitter

Mama*Kim 02-01-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors
Have you asked him if he wanted to go? I would take him if he wants to come, but if he doesnt really care since he was there yesterday i would have him stay with the sitter

He keeps going back and forth. Right now, he says he wants to stay with his friend. We'll see what happens when I go to leave.

Almacham 02-01-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama*Kim (Post 16234250)
FWIW, he did come in for lunch yesterday, so he has had a recent, non stressful visit.

In light of that, I would be ok with leaving him.

Erinne 02-01-2013 12:24 PM

Idk how far your kids will be from you, but maybe you could go in for the day and then go get them for the last hour or so? I've seen some of what's been going on, so sorry today's the last day.

luvsviola 02-01-2013 12:27 PM

I am not one to take kids, but for this, I would. :)