Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   If you could afford any "trophy" diaper... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487683)

babymakes3.4.5.... 02-01-2013 10:44 AM

(Trophy meaning something probably out of your price range that you would probably not even use all that often because you loved it so much)

...what would you get?

I would get a Holden's Landing diaper! I'm not all that much for embroidery type diapers but those are gorgeous!

qsefthuko 02-01-2013 11:17 AM

Re: If you could afford any "trophy" diaper...

I haven't really looked at any. The only WAHM diapers I have tried are bag shot row bamboo(didn't like) and Muttaqins(love) but none I would hesitate to use. I think for me it would be more woolies than it would be diapers. I have seen many I would love to have but have no idea the knitters.

nw2bargaining 02-01-2013 12:38 PM

Goodmamas! I think the are so pretty but I really refuse to pay that much for a diaper

Mommyto2B2G 02-01-2013 12:41 PM

I'd like to try a goodmama as well but I will NEVER pay that for a diaper. Unless I borrow one or one falls into my lap somehow it isn't happening. lol

Kabuki24 02-01-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babymakes3.4.5.... (Post 16234491)
(Trophy meaning something probably out of your price range that you would probably not even use all that often because you loved it so much)

...what would you get?

I would get a Holden's Landing diaper! I'm not all that much for embroidery type diapers but those are gorgeous!

OH.. sorry to go OT.. but I have this Holden Landings fitted.. it's girly, it has an extra doubler with it. Side snapping. It's big, but I have no idea what size it is. It's looks pretty new. I never used it, I bought it on here used I think for like 25 or so.. I don't remember even it was a while back. How much do they go for? It looks like it's been used a handful of times. Any advice?

carriecook'n'sew 02-01-2013 01:45 PM

I want something that you can't get anymore... when my big girls were babies Fuzbaby was the big thing and Lori did this Diaper Garden that was just awesome, I have a thing for vegetables.... they were all so cute, a Winter Squash, An Eggplant, etc. They were like $85 I think for a wool cover and fitted (they looked a lot like Elbee Baby but were around long before)

~*~Sunflower~*~ 02-01-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carriecook'n'sew (Post 16235372)
I want something that you can't get anymore... when my big girls were babies Fuzbaby was the big thing and Lori did this Diaper Garden that was just awesome, I have a thing for vegetables.... they were all so cute, a Winter Squash, An Eggplant, etc. They were like $85 I think for a wool cover and fitted (they looked a lot like Elbee Baby but were around long before)

I had some of those! I remember buying the turnip set & then selling it right away because it just seemed crazy to spend that much. Now, it doesn't seem quittttteeee so crazy. LOL. They came with a little stuffed veggie toy, very waldorfy. :)

danimoo43 02-01-2013 03:33 PM

Elbees, in my opinion are the best fitteds out there. I once won a custom stash of 12 Elbees and they were beautiful. I couldn't justify the thousand + I spent on them, so I sold. I miss them :( but I'm trying to simplify, and diapers are just for poop, right?

cdeweese 02-01-2013 03:37 PM

ELBEES!!! I love how trim they look, but it's crazy to pay that much for something my dryer could eat hahaha!

FernHollow 02-01-2013 03:45 PM

Years ago I had some really HTF Goodmamas and extremely expensive woolies. Honestly even if someone offered me that kind of stuff for free at this point I wouldn't take it. Too high maintenance and seriously diapers are for poo and I am a much happier mama not handwashing $80 baby pants. I am truly much more relaxed caring for my baby when they are in plain cotton diapers, easy to replace OS covers and a pair of cute $5 pants. :-)

I want to make it clear, I totally appreciate the love and time that goes into the handmade items (I was once a diaper making WAHM) but at least in my life those fancy items are not very practical. I sometimes miss all the pretties, but this one area I am very glad that having a bunch of boys has changed me ;-)