Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pumping Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   EPing, sick, low supply lower....wwyd (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487687)

shortcake2386 02-01-2013 10:53 AM

EPing, sick, low supply lower....wwyd

ok so dd has feeding issues, seizures, low muscle tone and is gluten intolerant(shes ok if i eat it but she cant have crackers and such) she is 7 months old. ive been EPing for 6 months. ive been sick for 2 weeks and not getting better. i was supposed to get a CT scan today but they told us there was no copay and we got there and they wanted $500:thud: so yeah that didnt happen. anyways im on the max dose of dom and getting 17oz a day, 6-7 pumps. she eats 25-30oz per day. im drinking tons of water but havent had an appetite, but ive been eating oatmeal and trying to eat high calorie/protein foods. do i keep going or give up? im almost out of donor milk and havent been able to find more. i hate to switch to formula bc of her issues, but she wont eat solids.....any advice?

Kyonarai 02-11-2013 10:27 PM

Re: EPing, sick, low supply lower....wwyd

Definitely do the high protein foods. I'm pregnant and EPing right now and am eating up to 6 eggs a day(I like mine fried omelet style in coconut oil(unrefined for a light coconut flavor) with ketchup, since it covers up most of the "eggy" taste), plus fatty meats cooked rare and plenty of dark, leafy greens(Spinach, swiss chard, kale, a little romaine lettuce) and carrots. Also cheese if your LO can tolerate you eating dairy. Bone stock is another thing that is wonderful for milk supply and over all nutrition. I boil a bunch of soup bones(I prefer beef, but chicken and especially lamb work well too) for 8 hours with a little salt(only a little, more can be added later), then strain out solids, place the pot in a sink full of cold water to cool quickly so bacteria doesn't have as much time to grow, and then divide it into 8oz servings to freeze. Whenever I need to drink some, I just place the bag of stock into a sink of hot water to defrost, and then heat it up further on the stove(Don't use the microwave, as it will destroy a lot of the nutrients in this), where I can add extra veggies, meat or salt as desired. Or sometimes I will just add a little milk and salt to it in a glass and chug it. Not the tastiest thing ever, but it works.

Oatmeal works well too.

shortcake2386 02-11-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyonarai (Post 16278598)
Definitely do the high protein foods. I'm pregnant and EPing right now and am eating up to 6 eggs a day(I like mine fried omelet style in coconut oil(unrefined for a light coconut flavor) with ketchup, since it covers up most of the "eggy" taste), plus fatty meats cooked rare and plenty of dark, leafy greens(Spinach, swiss chard, kale, a little romaine lettuce) and carrots. Also cheese if your LO can tolerate you eating dairy. Bone stock is another thing that is wonderful for milk supply and over all nutrition. I boil a bunch of soup bones(I prefer beef, but chicken and especially lamb work well too) for 8 hours with a little salt(only a little, more can be added later), then strain out solids, place the pot in a sink full of cold water to cool quickly so bacteria doesn't have as much time to grow, and then divide it into 8oz servings to freeze. Whenever I need to drink some, I just place the bag of stock into a sink of hot water to defrost, and then heat it up further on the stove(Don't use the microwave, as it will destroy a lot of the nutrients in this), where I can add extra veggies, meat or salt as desired. Or sometimes I will just add a little milk and salt to it in a glass and chug it. Not the tastiest thing ever, but it works.

Oatmeal works well too.

thanks. i think the problem is that ive had no appetite and been nauseous (while taking 120+ mg or domperidone a day:eek:) im trying to eat high protein foods and oatmel when possible though

Kyonarai 02-12-2013 07:55 AM

Yeah, I struggle against no appetite too. Some days it feels like I'm force feeding myself, and that's never pleasant.:~

I wish you the best of luck though. :goodvibes:

Heather8183 02-12-2013 08:11 AM

What about the Weston A Price formula recipe? It's better than commercial at least. I wish I had milk for you :(

shortcake2386 02-12-2013 08:15 AM

Aww thanks heather. Yeah I'm looking into that. Im picking some milk up tonight, I hope

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum