Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Should I be Angry? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487705)

craftinmama 02-01-2013 11:45 AM

Should I be Angry?

I purchased an item from a popular HC Coop on 18 December. The listing stated it would ship in 24 hours of purchase. On the 2nd of January I still han't received it so I went to the listing and looked the sellers About Me for her e-mail but it wasn't listed so I hit Contact Seller at the bottom. I knew it would go to the Coop host but I assumed it would be forwarded to the seller. I told her it hadn't arrived and asked for the DC. It was the holidays so it could be just a normal delay. I got an e-mail a couple of days later from the host saying the seller sent it out the 19th of December and gave me the DC.
The DC shows the package being accepted at the PO and that is it. No other movement. So I called the PO and opened up a ticket. I let the host know I opened the ticket and gave her the ticket number. She said she would forward the e-mail along with my info to the seller so she could contact me. This was on the 8th of January.

I got a letter stating sorry it was lost this is unacceptable blah blah but since you didn't have insurance sorry about your luck. So I e-mail the host again letting her know what the letter said. She replied back that the seller got the same answer and appoligized that she had not yet been in contact with me on the 18th of January.

On the 26th still having heard nothing I sent the host another e-mail saying this (names removed):
I have yet to hear from Seller. None of this is obviously your fault as you are just the middle "man" so please don't take it that way.
At this point I am extremely disappointed in my purchase. The package getting lost is one thing. It happens. No fault on Seller there. However, the lack of contact from her is the disappointing part. I am a very understanding buyer and i realize we all have kids (lately they have all been sick kids) but this long with no contact is unacceptable. At this point if I don't hear from her by Monday I will be filling with PayPal and leaving negative feedback. :(
I am almost at my 45 days and just can't wait around any longer. I would still rather have the item than my money back though.
I am really sorry to put you in the middle of this and I appreciate all the effort you have made to stay in contact with me.

The host replied back appoligizing saying she was under the impression from the seller that she HAD contacted me. She told me the Seller talked to the PO and it was mistakenly tossed in a bin but found and was on it's way.

On the 28th I let the host know I opened the dispute with PP.

On the 29th I posted a message to the Sellers facebook saying I opened a dispute and to please contact me so we can work something out. She replied back less than an hour later saying she would contact me via e-mail.

Got a reply back from the host on the 31st asking if I had heard from the Seller or had any resolution to the issue.

I replied back no I have heard nothing even though she told me on FB she would be contacting me.

So I get a bunch of e-mails from PP and log on to see whats up. This is the message I received on dispute I opened:
Rachel-I wrote a response in here once and it didn't go through. I am not sure if I got timed out with writing or what happened. Host let me know today that a response wasn't received so I got back on to double check. I am sorry I did not contact you personally but you originally opted to go through Host and the main Coop page e-mail instead of contacting me with my e-mail address so that is where I kept the communication so it could be seen by Host. I am sorry that the package got lost. Unfortunately because insurance was not purchased on the blanket the USPS is telling me the same thing. I did hear last week from the local office that the package has been located and was supposed to be mailed. I was going to head there today to double check as I was going to be in the area but we are under a winter weather advisory with treacherous road conditions. I plan on heading tomorrow and will check the status. I would offer you a replacement item and make it this weekend, but unfortunately the print you ordered is a hard to find print and that was the limited quantity I had of it left.

Okay so it's sounds like she's telling me it's MY fault that she hasn't contaced me because I did not go digging around for her e-mail.
I wan't really mad until now. Now I'm kinda pissed.

Am I just overly sensitive about this???

Sorry it was so long :blush:

NewMommy6111 02-01-2013 12:00 PM

Re: Should I be Angry?

So, if I were you I'd be mad, and leave negative feedback for lack of communication.
But depending on the cost of the item, you really should have insisted on insuring the package. If you weren't comfortable losing that much money it should have been insured. Not the seller's fault. No the host's fault. Not even your fault. It just sucks and I would pout, but life happens. As a seller I always buy insurance for items that I'm making 50+ dollars off of.

craftinmama 02-01-2013 12:11 PM

It was a little under $40. You know I'm not even that mad about the package being lost or even about loosing the $$. I look at that and think poo happens.

I'm mad at the lack of communication. I'm mad that she basically said it was my fault that she never contacted me!!

I really just want to reply to her saying F U give me my money back I'm done with you and your nonsense. I just don't want to do anything hasty expecially if I'm just reading her reply wrong.

NewMommy6111 02-01-2013 12:25 PM

I'm a bit of a hot head so I'd just email her that. I don't think she's saying that's it's your fault. I think she is trying to defer blame to the host :/

craftinmama 02-01-2013 12:31 PM

And that is BS too!!! The host has been the only one in contact with me. She has been as nice as can be the entire time. At one point she was unable to contact the seller and commented that she had known the seller for three years has never had an issue with her and the whole situation was very unlike her.

Lanae 02-01-2013 12:37 PM

Insurance is on the seller NOT the buyer... You will win your pp claim because of that... Or at least, you should.

Also, since insurance would be purchased by the person mailing the package, in the even the item was lost, the mailer/purchaser of the insurance is who gets the payout of the claim and pp would be refunded to you. That's the whole point of insurance... You wouldn't even ever see the insurance claim $$ so insurance is on her... Not you.

Nerissa 02-01-2013 12:46 PM

I don't see how this is your fualt at all. I would escaltate the claim since it hasn't been delivered (if I am reading that part correctly) and definatly leave negative feedback. PP should side with you and you will get your money back.

I was always under the impression that insurance is the sellers responsibility.

qsefthuko 02-01-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanae (Post 16235070)
Insurance is on the seller NOT the buyer... You will win your pp claim because of that... Or at least, you should.

Also, since insurance would be purchased by the person mailing the package, in the even the item was lost, the mailer/purchaser of the insurance is who gets the payout of the claim and pp would be refunded to you. That's the whole point of insurance... You wouldn't even ever see the insurance claim $$ so insurance is on her... Not you.

Like she said insurance is the sellers responsibility not the buyers. At first I didn't understand why. Think about it though. The buyer is not able to go to the PO to buy the insurance. Only the seller can do this. Wouldn't it be a nice little scam to have a buyer pay for insurance then just not get the insurance. The majority of the time the insurance isn't used. So the buyer could decide to keep the money instead of buying insurance with it.

I_run_with_scissors 02-01-2013 01:00 PM

i would be upset too, id go ahead and escalate the claim if you havent already

IsaacsMom2009 02-01-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanae (Post 16235070)

This is not true. It is a common misconception about USPS insurance.

I purchased some glass items from someone through a coop. They got broken in shipping, but I had paid for insurance with my coop shipping, and the hostess bought it for my package.

I filed the claim with the post office, I provided proof of the breakage and what I paid for the items, and the post office sent me a check to replace the item. The hostess, although she paid for the insurance, never saw that money, nor was she the one that opened the claim.

Now, if I had paid for the insurance and she didn't buy it? Then yes, I'd have been screwed for getting a refund from USPS, but then I could just dispute it through PP, if within my 45 day window.