Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Updated: Does anyone have left over pregnancy test strips? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487760)

Michelle_M 02-01-2013 01:58 PM

Updated: Does anyone have left over pregnancy test strips?
 
So I originally posted this on February 1st.
The 3 days of spotting started on January 6th.
If it had been a period, then I would have been due to start on or around February 5th.

I tested on February 5th and it was negative.
I'm still having weird twitches or spasms in my abdomen, which was one of my reasons for being paranoid about being pregnant again. So I don't know what's going on with that.

But, as I said.. I tested TWICE on Feb 5th, and both were negative. I'll probably test again around this time next month.

So, that's the update.

God bless!


Hello friends.

My daughter is about 4 1/2 months old. I'm EBFing so haven't had a period yet, just some light spotting almost a month ago. I KNOW that EBFing can kind of "freeze" your periods, but of course I'm paranoid. It doesn't help that the day I had my positive pregnancy test with her, I had light spotting that turned out to be implantation bleeding. Now I'm having weird twinges in my abdomen.. so yeah, I'm panicking a little bit (hubby has no idea that I'm being paranoid).

Anyway... I was wondering if anyone here might have some left over pregnancy test strips that they don't need.

Thanks.
God bless!

Heather8183 02-01-2013 01:59 PM

Re: Does anyone have left over pregnancy test strips?
 
Pm me your addy and I'll put a few in the mail for you

EmilytheStrange 02-01-2013 02:01 PM

Re: Does anyone have left over pregnancy test strips?
 
I don't have any, but breastfeeding is not a guarantee! Some say 6months max, others say things like '52 days'.

So, hope that you're just feeling twingy! Unless you want another one right away anyways :)

Michelle_M 02-01-2013 02:10 PM

Re: Does anyone have left over pregnancy test strips?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather8183 (Post 16235427)
Pm me your addy and I'll put a few in the mail for you

PMed you, thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16235441)
I don't have any, but breastfeeding is not a guarantee! Some say 6months max, others say things like '52 days'.

So, hope that you're just feeling twingy! Unless you want another one right away anyways :)

I know it's not a guarantee. I got my period back at 6 months with DS1, but I was on the mini pill and supplementing.

DS2 was EBF and my period came back when he was 16 months old.
DS3 was EBF and my period came back when he was 14 months.

So I've been laying in bed at night going..
"No.. no morning sickness... no weird cravings.. no sore breasts...so maybe I'm just being paranoid. Surely I'd have some other symptoms." LOL but then I think of the "I didn't know I was pregnant" tv show and get panicked.

And no, I don't want another one lol. Bella is number 4. We are supposed to be done. LOL

I think DH might have a stroke if I'm pregnant again, especially so soon. My step mom... oy I don't even want to THINK about having to tell her. LOL

Oh, and just for the record I am NOT relying on BFing as birth control. But, Little Miss Bella is the product of a condom failure (best accident of my life!).

God bless!

ashley84 02-01-2013 02:14 PM

Re: Does anyone have left over pregnancy test strips?
 
We were due with our daughters on the same day. I'm knocked up again. I was EBFing and pumping 20 ounces extra a day for donation. Don't rule anything out! Good luck!

Michelle_M 02-01-2013 02:17 PM

Re: Does anyone have left over pregnancy test strips?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ashley84 (Post 16235495)
We were due with our daughters on the same day. I'm knocked up again. I was EBFing and pumping 20 ounces extra a day for donation. Don't rule anything out! Good luck!

O wow. When are you due?
We have been using protection.
I did do a pregnancy test at my 6 week check up with my midwife and it was negative.

So, fingers crossed that I'm just being paranoid. I went through so many pregnancy tests after DS2 was born. LOL

God bless!

ashley84 02-01-2013 02:35 PM

Re: Does anyone have left over pregnancy test strips?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle_M (Post 16235506)
O wow. When are you due?
We have been using protection.
I did do a pregnancy test at my 6 week check up with my midwife and it was negative.

So, fingers crossed that I'm just being paranoid. I went through so many pregnancy tests after DS2 was born. LOL

God bless!

I have an ultrasound next week to find out for sure. I'm betting Sept 21st or Sept 22nd though. We're pretty sure that we conceived on the same day as last year - possibly the day before it.

MDever 02-01-2013 02:40 PM

Re: Does anyone have left over pregnancy test strips?
 
OMG Michelle! I have to deliver this giant baby before I could climb under the bathroom sink and check. Is it weird to send your 11yo digging for pee sticks:chuckle:

Michelle_M 02-01-2013 02:42 PM

Re: Does anyone have left over pregnancy test strips?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MDever (Post 16235594)
OMG Michelle! I have to deliver this giant baby before I could climb under the bathroom sink and check. Is it weird to send your 11yo digging for pee sticks:chuckle:

LOL!

God bless!

EmilytheStrange 02-01-2013 03:41 PM

Re: Does anyone have left over pregnancy test strips?
 
oh, I didn't mean that you didn't know what you were doing - just saying for any one else who was under that impression!

good luck!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors