Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Where to buy: Passenger Vans (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487780)

thekuligs 02-01-2013 03:04 PM

Where to buy: Passenger Vans

So we are TRYING to buy a new van. The engine fell out of my Town & Country so we moved it up a little bit. We want a used 12 passenger van, where did you get yours? We don't believe in debt so we will be paying cash. Right now it looks like my FIL will be buying one in Texas and driving it here because it is INSANELY cheaper than buying one in Las Vegas.

Example:
My FIL looked at a 2009 with 70,000 miles in Texas is going for the same as a 2001 with 109,000 here on CL >.< INSANITY they were FORDS and very simillar trims.

ktmelody 02-01-2013 03:12 PM

We got ours here in Vegas at a small dealer. (Which is now closed)

Its a 15 passenger gmc. We paid what it was worth IMO and got a decent deal. Some of the local dealers can be shady but we had a mechanic check it out prior to buying (our own not theirs)

thekuligs 02-01-2013 03:20 PM

Re: Where to buy: Passenger Vans

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktmelody (Post 16235730)
We got ours here in Vegas at a small dealer. (Which is now closed)

Its a 15 passenger gmc. We paid what it was worth IMO and got a decent deal. Some of the local dealers can be shady but we had a mechanic check it out prior to buying (our own not theirs)

=( yeah we use autolab and we love them but we have not been successful finding anything decent here. There is of course, gobestauto.com in CA but that would require renting a van and driving out there and handeling everything in one day and they are more expensive than Texas but not as bad as Las Vegas.

bluedaisyma 02-02-2013 05:26 AM

We got ours at a reg Chevy dealership.

Sent from Future Dwight

HeatherlovesCDs 02-02-2013 07:39 AM

We struggled also and had the same problem. We just waited and waited and waited because we didn't have to have it immediately. Finally we found one in our area for a reasonable price. It was about a hour drive for us. Unfortunately, we wanted a color other than white, but it was all we could find and didn't want to wait any longer since the baby we were having was 2 months old by the time we found this one. LOL.

Ours is a 15 passenger and we wanted the sliding door and 3500. But, we didn't find many in the area at all, even without those things, and we live in a big area.

It's hard. I'm sorry you are having the same issue.

thekuligs 02-02-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs (Post 16237979)
We struggled also and had the same problem. We just waited and waited and waited because we didn't have to have it immediately. Finally we found one in our area for a reasonable price. It was about a hour drive for us. Unfortunately, we wanted a color other than white, but it was all we could find and didn't want to wait any longer since the baby we were having was 2 months old by the time we found this one. LOL.

Ours is a 15 passenger and we wanted the sliding door and 3500. But, we didn't find many in the area at all, even without those things, and we live in a big area.

It's hard. I'm sorry you are having the same issue.

Thanks, I just found one last night on Craigslist in Houston where the inlaws live I am in love with. If they will budge on the price at all it will be mine! It's funny you mention the color thing; that is something we were considering too. Our main reason for not wanting white is DH is military and on base all the passenger vans (and there are tons) are blue or what--we just decided we'd paint it if we got a white one LOL as it turns out the one I found is maroon.

sunnygirlmomof6 02-02-2013 08:00 PM

We found one on Autotrader.com
It is 3 hours away, but I really like it and I can't wait to pick it up next week.

thekuligs 02-03-2013 05:12 PM

I am super frustrated, I just went and looked at 2 local today and it was awful. I wouldn't have taken either of them for half of what they were listed as. =( it is such a bummer. We have been looking for a month, and now everyone is getting their tax money it is going to drive the prices up.

HeatherlovesCDs 02-03-2013 07:51 PM

:hugs: I know it's hard. We looked for at last 3 or 4 months. Like I said, my baby who we were buying it for was born 2 months prior to us getting it. (It wasn't for him, but because of him we were buying a new vehicle. You know what I mean. :)) We looked at a lot of junk too. I'm sorry it's so hard to find something. We also looking on autotrader.com. If you haven't tried them, try it. Praying you find something soon.

triton77 02-03-2013 09:20 PM

We couldn't find any vans near us that were not trashed when we were looking either. We ordered our van from here:
http://www.adventurevans.com/vehicles
We had it shipped to us so we bought sight unseen which was kinda scarey but we were very happy with how it went. We love our van it has a DVD player and is set up in the back with 4 bucket seats and one bench that seats 4 so our van seats 10 total(with the 2 front). The buckets in the back are nice cause the kids can spread out and I don't have to hear he's touching me or kicking me:banghead: etc..
We live in WI and I think it cost $500 or $600 to ship it here.
Good luck with your search! If you want more info just ask I will try to dig up anything I got.