Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BG Freetime or Grovia AIO? yes or no (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487825)

coffeemama 02-01-2013 05:03 PM

BG Freetime or Grovia AIO? yes or no

I loved the BGE absorbancy and trimness (but sold them due to the fact that they wear out so quickly). I also LOVE the BG AIO mediums I have and LOVE our Flips w/ stay dry inserts. The BG OS Pockets though I find too bulky. Would either the Freetime or Grovia AIO be a yes or a no in your opinion?
I tried the Freetime when DD2 was an infant and didnt like the fit but, wondered if the fit would be better now that she is a year and 20+lbs. What are your feelings on the BG FT and the Grovia AIO?

molly2419 02-01-2013 05:55 PM

I have the freetimes and I'm using them on my 2 year old. I really like them, they are a great workhorse aio. I find them absorbant and wash up great :) I also use tots bots aplix aios. I really like those as well. I can't speak for the grovia aios, I've heard good things but I've never tried them.

rooster2012 02-01-2013 07:06 PM

I think the freetime is still fairly bulky compared with the other dipes you mentioned, but it is absorbent and washes well. The grovias are much trimmer, but I found the leg elastic too tight for DDs chunky lil thighs (mega red marks). What about sized AIOs like Nanas Bottoms or swaddlebees?

coffeemama 02-01-2013 07:44 PM

Re: BG Freetime or Grovia AIO? yes or no

Oh I do love the sized Simplex. We had a couple of Nanas for DD1 and they were pretty nice

reyasunshine 02-02-2013 03:54 PM

I use BG FTs full time, and I don't like GroVia AIOs at all. I've given them a try twice now, but just don't like how they snap on, don't like the fit, etc. I'm bummed too because we EC, and I would LOVE an AIO that pulls up and down! LOL.

And yes, I much prefer the fit of the FT now (she's 18 mos) compared to when we got them (she was 4 mos). :D

TheCoach'sWife 02-02-2013 04:04 PM

I have both. I like them both for different reasons. The BG wash and dry fantastically. On the downside, if the baby squirms too much the microfiber can bunch up and touch my kiddos thighs. The Grovia seem to always stain and need to be sunned and take forever to dry. I still like them though. They are definitely more trim, and I like the organic cotton, and I think the prints are cuter.

Nerissa 02-02-2013 04:16 PM

I love our BG Freetimes. I am amazed at how well they work on the baby who is 4 months. I am very tempted by the sale to get some more.

daniele_ut 02-02-2013 08:16 PM

I had a few Grovia AIOs when we first started CDs. I couldn't get used to the side snapping, they didn't seem absorbent enough for us and they took forever to dry. On the plus side, they were super cute. I sold them after a few weeks, though. I have 10 BG Freetimes, though, and I really love them. They fit well, wash well for us, are very absorbent and they dry fast.

Kabuki24 02-02-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniele_ut (Post 16240733)
I had a few Grovia AIOs when we first started CDs. I couldn't get used to the side snapping, they didn't seem absorbent enough for us and they took forever to dry. On the plus side, they were super cute. I sold them after a few weeks, though. I have 10 BG Freetimes, though, and I really love them. They fit well, wash well for us, are very absorbent and they dry fast.

Do you feel your Grovia's were full prepped? I find them so absorbent... I do agree, they take a long time to dry!!!!

Kabuki24 02-02-2013 08:18 PM

OP: If your baby is chubby, I wouldn't get grovia... both diapers I love so I can't decide which one is better!