Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Maternity Clothes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487873)

ciles 02-01-2013 08:09 PM

Maternity Clothes

Who is going to have to buy some this time around?

Where do you like to buy from?

Anyone have a favorite brand of maternity jeans?

I have summer stuff from my last kidlet I'll be able to wear but I'm going to need some new jeans and probably a few basic tops. I like to live in basic tees so I"ll probably get some basics and a few cute things.

Nickel+3 02-01-2013 08:20 PM

I might need to buy more pants. I love gap maternity expensive, but worth it.

bebeboy03 02-02-2013 05:31 PM

Gap maternity jeans and ribbed tanks are THE best hands down. I cannot wear motherhood or old navy maternity jeans for some reason. They just do not fit right. But Gap is amazing!

I do not have any summer maternity, but I am getting some from a friend who is done having babies. I also ordered some fabric to make maxi skirts for myself.

abunchoflemons 02-02-2013 05:42 PM

Re: Maternity Clothes

yu could rent instead To be trendy.

Anna0623 02-03-2013 08:30 PM

I purchased a lot this summer at garage sales, when we were talking about ttcing end of december beginning of january. In just one garage sale i purchased over 15 items at $1 a piece, a few items were new with tags and the rest of the clothes were in euc. Not sure that i will need to purchase much else as i already had half plastic containers worth of maternity clothes i had saved from being pregnant with dd, and ds my march (born in florida)and december baby born in north carolina. I do plan on purchasing a belly band so i can still wear my capris in the summer.

mamazita 02-03-2013 11:08 PM

Last time a friend lent me a huge stash of maternity clothing, nothing that I would have ever bought myself but it was hard justifying not wearing her clothes (and she was my neighbor). This time around I plan on buying a few cute things of my own choosing! I wear scrubs to work so I don't need to get an entire wardrobe--I will be splurging on gap jeans though!

BeccaSueCongdon 02-04-2013 09:15 PM

How do the gap jeans fit? What's so great about them? Convince me!

I'm on the short but chubby size (5'5', 230lbs) with most of my weight in my belly and sort of a no-butt. Would they be a good fit for me?

bebeboy03 02-05-2013 08:25 AM

I usually have a hard time finding regular jeans that fit both my hips/butt/thighs and also fit my waist. The gap maternity jeans fit in all the right places. I usually get the long and lean cut. I've got a butt and thighs and my waist is a little smaller. They stretch nicely but not so much where they are falling down or saggy. Plus, they go by real sizes instead of small,medium, or large. You just buy your regular pant size.

ifyousaygo 02-05-2013 08:33 AM

Me! I got rid of everything last time thinking we were done.
So far I've only bought a pair of Gap maternity jeans. I'll probably buy another pair soon because the ones I bought are a little big. It's hard to find jeans short enough for me (4'11"). Finding maternity jeans the right length is nearly an impossible task. Glad Gap has an ankle length. Still a little long, but not too bad.
I'll probably buy some plain maternity t's when the weather gets a little warmer. Right now my sweaters are doing just fine with the growing belly.

lisathib123 02-06-2013 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifyousaygo
Me! I got rid of everything last time thinking we were done.
So far I've only bought a pair of Gap maternity jeans. I'll probably buy another pair soon because the ones I bought are a little big. It's hard to find jeans short enough for me (4'11"). Finding maternity jeans the right length is nearly an impossible task. Glad Gap has an ankle length. Still a little long, but not too bad.
I'll probably buy some plain maternity t's when the weather gets a little warmer. Right now my sweaters are doing just fine with the growing belly.

Same here! I'll be buying new shirts. I'll try to wear my regular jeans as long as I can. Then I'll find some at a thrift store.
Walmart has cheap maternity clothes. Had some for last baby. I really liked them.