Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Can I join you here in August? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487962)

3 ladybugs 02-02-2013 08:06 AM

Can I join you here in August?

I am in the July group because that is when I will deliver. However I am due August 1. The July group isn't very talkative because they are all on Facebook. :(

I already recognize many of the people here but I thought I would see if it is okay to join since I know I will deliver in July (no choice in the matter). :goodvibes:

blessedwifenmama 02-02-2013 08:12 AM

Re: Can I join you here in August?

Sure! I usually stick around here because I go by Aug 1st as my EDD, but I peek in on the July group since my EDD based on my ovulation date is technically July 31. I've noticed that they do have a slow moving group, so come on over! :)

Monkeymamaof2 02-02-2013 08:43 AM

Why not the more the merrier :) congrats and welcome! My Edd is 8/8 but that was also my edd with my youngest over 4 yrs ago and he came 7/18. So I am expecting this baby to come in July as well. My babies don't like me enough to stay in the womb the entire time lol Plus at my last appt my doctor told me that if I do make it to 39 wks that the hospital I chose to deliver will allow me to get induced at 39wks so it will still be a July baby :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Tris 02-02-2013 08:56 AM

Sure!! How has your pregnancy been? Are you going to find out the gender? How do you feel about newborn diapers? :giggle:

momto2princesses 02-02-2013 09:09 AM

Absolutely! Join us! We are on here and on Facebook and pretty active in both places. :-)

KatieB621 02-02-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeymamaof2 (Post 16238229)
Why not the more the merrier :) congrats and welcome! My Edd is 8/8 but that was also my edd with my youngest over 4 yrs ago and he came 7/18. So I am expecting this baby to come in July as well. My babies don't like me enough to stay in the womb the entire time lol Plus at my last appt my doctor told me that if I do make it to 39 wks that the hospital I chose to deliver will allow me to get induced at 39wks so it will still be a July baby :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Yeah my babies don't like me enough to stick around long either. :giggle: I'm due at the end of the month though, so pretty sure that I'll have an Aug. baby. :)

Welcome Mama!

3 ladybugs 02-02-2013 10:17 AM

Thank you everyone! :goodvibes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris (Post 16238272)
Sure!! How has your pregnancy been? Are you going to find out the gender? How do you feel about newborn diapers? :giggle:

This pregnancy has been even easier then my son! I can't believe it. Strange too since I haven't had a pregnancy that everyone was this worried about since the triplets... if even then!

I found out gender yesterday at my peri's office. He said that he is 90% certain I am having a boy. I am happy but I was hoping for a girl. Though part of the reason why I wanted a girl is because I want a well baby. I have better odds with a girl. But hey, boys born at 38 weeks don't always end up in the NICU like my son. We have spent the last day trying to figure out a name for him and I think we are going to call him Nathaniel Harlow. Harlow was my late grandfather's name and he died when current DS was 5 weeks 5 days old. I know Harlow is getting popular for a girl's name though. It is a family name and my grandfather was nearly 90 when he died (4.5 years ago).

I sold all our KL0 after DS. I wasn't really in love with them and thought I could do better. So I will be making Rainy Days size 1 diapers for this baby. After looking at the diaper thread on here though it makes me wonder if I am planning for enough diapers! We had 12 KL0 with DS with 24 green edge GMD prefolds. It didn't feel like we had enough then so I was going to try for 24 fitted diapers this time around. However I just placed the order for Cotton Velour to make it so I have enough material to make more if I felt like it. That is if I get more of my inner fabric and knit... yeah that is hard! :giggle2: I also have some spoosies that I purchased for the triplets that never got used (they didn't come home). I got rid of all the sealed packages but I have about 20 or so that were in an open package so if the baby is on some funky medication, or we are fortunate enough to have Nathaniel come home before he passes all his meconium (to dream the impossible dream!) then we have it.

I should also mention that I was cloth diapered as a baby as was one of my 3 sisters (one was born in this country but not CD, the other was born in China and came here at 4 so therefore potty trained). However for both of us they used a cloth diaper service. That isn't an option for me (nor would I use it I think at this point) so I get to have the pretty fitted diapers. :)

Thank you again for the warm welcome! :goodvibes:

PS I just made the best smelling lotion as my belly clearly is needing it now. I mixed Coconut oil and cocoa butter. Whipped it up so it is nice and airy! Smells so good! I think I might have to have this in my stash AT ALL TIMES! :giggle:

stevensmom 02-02-2013 10:18 AM

of course Jen you can come over here! :cheer:

Tris 02-02-2013 11:40 AM

I would Love to make my own diapers but I don't have a darn serger :(

littlehands 02-02-2013 11:49 AM

You can make diapers without a serger, especially if you do an internal soaker. The construction works perfect turned and topstitched. If you do an external/snap-in soaker, they won't be as neat without the serger, but they'll function just fine.