Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Extended harness turns booster? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488009)

mumtothem 02-02-2013 12:37 PM

Extended harness turns booster?

We are looking to buy a new car seat similar to the nautilus.I like the nauti but its too big and heavy!I am looking at the Evenflo Maestro Booster Car Seat.Is this a good seat and true to extended harness?Is it smaller than the nautilus.A nautilus and another seat will not fit in our car since the base is so big.- I have no store that sells car seats around here except a walmart to try a seat out-
What other seat should I be looking at.We really cant afford two different seats so we need a seat that goes from harness to booster.

What about the Evenflo SecureKid 400 Booster Car Seat?

AbbieJack 02-02-2013 03:01 PM

Re: Extended harness turns booster?

I would just go with the Nautilus . It will last you longer as it goes from a harnessed seat to a high back booster to a No back booster.

craigwick 02-02-2013 03:33 PM

We have 2 Nautilus' and yes they are heavy, but since we never move them from vehicle to vehicle it is not an issue. The kids really like the integrated cup holder and inside storage compartments. Wow, just looked at BRU and the Nauti weighs twice as much as those evenflo seats!

monica-m 02-02-2013 08:46 PM

I really like the SecureKid 400. The Maestro is a good seat, it just doesn't last long as a booster because you cannot adjust the headrest at all.

jess71903 02-02-2013 09:03 PM

Yes, the Maestro is a fine seat for an average or light-weight kiddo (50lb harness limit). The SecureKid 300 or 400 is very similar but, as a PP mentioned, will last longer in the harness by weight (65lbs) and by height in the booster. Another one to consider is the new Harmony Defender at Wal-mart. It's $100. IT seems narrow and lighter than the Nauti, but with tall top slots and 65lb weight limit in the harness.

mumtothem 02-03-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jess71903 (Post 16240679)
Yes, the Maestro is a fine seat for an average or light-weight kiddo (50lb harness limit). The SecureKid 300 or 400 is very similar but, as a PP mentioned, will last longer in the harness by weight (65lbs) and by height in the booster. Another one to consider is the new Harmony Defender at Wal-mart. It's $100. IT seems narrow and lighter than the Nauti, but with tall top slots and 65lb weight limit in the harness.

Ill have to look at that one!Thank you.And yes this is for our big boy so I think the meastro is out.Need that 65 I think.