Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   best diaper for baby w/ hernia? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488165)

lilmonksmom 02-02-2013 09:00 PM

best diaper for baby w/ hernia?

DS has an umbilical hernia. He weighs 12 lbs and is outgrowing all of his newborn diapers. The small and medium diapers I have all cover the hernia. I am worried that too much pressure on the hernia might be uncomfortable. I would like to purchase some lower rise diapers that do not rub the hernia. What would you recommend? Which diapers do you think would be the most comfortable for him?

TheCoach'sWife 02-02-2013 09:10 PM

Re: best diaper for baby w/ hernia?

The one size rumparoo diaper covers actually dip down in front. My kiddo is about 10 lbs and they don't touch her belly button. It might be something to get you through until it heals...

5littlesweeties 02-02-2013 09:17 PM

If it were me I would contact a wham and ask for sized or even one size with an umbilical snap down. Maybe NanasBottoms or Rainshines designs.

TheCoach'sWife 02-02-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5littlesweeties (Post 16240978)
If it were me I would contact a wham and ask for sized or even one size with an umbilical snap down. Maybe NanasBottoms or Rainshines designs.

Or you could just add a couple snaps on the diapers you have?? It really wouldn't be that hard. Just like a mini-snap conversion :)

FernHollow 02-02-2013 09:31 PM

My youngest had really bad reflux as an infant and we had to be super careful with our cloth diapers because anything constricting would make him miserable. We were able to do diapers with stretchy tabs like BG snapped on the lowest rise once he was big enough. You might also consider Green Acres design with front elastic, they don't squeeze tummies at all and are super gentle.

lilmonksmom 02-03-2013 08:47 AM

Thank you all for the great suggestions.

qsefthuko 02-03-2013 08:51 AM

My son's hernia stuck out an inch at least. We used prefolds and disana wool at the time. The prefolds folded down under his belly button and the wool is very non restrictive on the waist.

EmilyA874 02-03-2013 03:27 PM

How big is his hernia? My DD has an umbilical hernia, though not severe, and we used prefolds with thirsties duo covers and Bumgenius Elementals without issue on her.

RockinLou 02-03-2013 03:52 PM

DS had a hernia and we were able to use GroVia without any issues, the only covers I had that I didn't care for with the hernia were Bummis SWW, though the Bummis Super Brite and our Fluffys didn't bother it either.

lilmonksmom 02-03-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilyA874 (Post 16243534)
How big is his hernia? My DD has an umbilical hernia, though not severe, and we used prefolds with thirsties duo covers and Bumgenius Elementals without issue on her.

His hernia sticks out almost an inch. You can see it poking out under his shirt from across the room. My friend said it looks like he has a nose on his belly. She thought it was funny, but I didn't think so. DS does not act like it hurts or anything, but I worry about it being squished or irritated. Did the BG Elementals cover your DD hernia, or did they sit under it?