Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Chat Thread ~ Feb 3rd - 9th (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488227)

canadianbakers 02-03-2013 07:42 AM

Chat Thread ~ Feb 3rd - 9th

:wave:

Computer is fixed (I hope... battery only will charge to 99%, so we'll see... but for now anyways!), just in time for a new week thread :)

I'll try to catch up, going through last weeks' thread!

canadianbakers 02-03-2013 08:23 AM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 3rd - 9th

Meg - How goes the BH?
That's great about DH coming home early! :crossfingers: everything works out according to plan and he's able to be there for baby's birth!
I'm :giggle: about the whole garage and key story!!!

Emily - :yay: for head down baby, and for no cord around the neck!!
re: baby's hr 170 to 140 - it was probably a reaction to being touched/pushed on. When baby is more active, the hr should increase as well, so if baby was moving around the hr would be higher, then lower when they're still or resting.

For me, fundal height is important. I've always measured right on, maybe a week ahead. But when something has been wrong, I've measured way off - with DS2 I had a big increase in fluid and measured 5-6 weeks ahead suddenly, with Elliana I measured 5-6 weeks behind because of her growth issues.

I personally don't really like or use nursing pillows. I've seen lots, and "tried them on" in stores, but I find they're all too high for me :dunno:

LacyHolly - How is the hunt for a different care provider going? I don't blame you at all for wanting to switch - that "care" is totally unacceptable!

Denise - :yay: for wraps!!! I can't wait to have Hiccup all snuggled in my new wrap! :wub:
Definitely agree - wrap and tie tighter than you think you need to!

:hugs: I kwym about the worry of loss. I had a weird bleeding episode last week that left me really freaked out. :( At this point, we should be feeling multiple "spurts" of movement every day - if we don't, I'd be rushing in to get things checked out.

Kendall - Did you find a t-shirt to tell people to back off? I hate that it's necessary! I would never walk up and touch anyone else, why in the world do people think it's okay to do it just because a mama is pregnant?!!

mibarra - lady bits grooming is definitely not anywhere near my list of "things to do" for labor!!!

:hugs: for passing the point of the loss of your DD. That was a rough couple weeks for me, though having had the u/s and seeing/knowing that Hiccup was healthy was very helpful in getting through it.
Now I'm dealing with the actual dates, though - last week, when I had the bleeding, would have been one year exactly from when Elli actually died. Then today is one year since we saw her, still and no heartbeat, on the u/s. :(

April - :wub: the pics! Did you find out any more news about baby?

AND... I think that's last week, in a nutshell :)

AFM: Long time no "see" :)
Like I mentioned above, I had a weird bleeding episode last Tuesday. It wasn't a gush, but when I wiped after pottying... kinda like when AF starts, kwim? Freaked me out completely. And, a lot because of timing, I couldn't bring myself to go to get things checked out - it was one year, either exactly or within a day, of when Elliana died inside me. I just couldn't handle possibly hearing something bad that day.
A little brown when wiping through Wed, then nothing more. No more bleeding or spotting, no cramping or contractions, Hiccup's dancing away in there as usual. So, basically, :dunno: what that was all about!
Placenta crossed my mind, but I know it's nowhere low or near the cervix.
DH had been rubbing my back and trying to crack my hips (pushing hard on them) a couple hours earlier - maybe some blood vessel broke in my cervix or something?
Or it could be totally unrelated.

Oddly, I never had anything like this with any of the boys, but had nearly this exact same thing happen, timing and all, with DD's pregnancy. Bleeding at 30 weeks (was 29+2 last Tues), went to get checked out, dilated to 2cm, given meds to stop any contractions. Everything stopped and she was born at 39+5.
I'm kinda wondering if there's a hormone shift/surge around 30 weeks in moms? Or maybe, if Hiccup is a girl, in baby girls?
Anyhoo, that was my not-so-exciting-excitement for last week. :crossfingers: for nothing more!

Today we're not going to church... which I'm actually bummed about... because of DD and DS1 having a party to go to this afternoon. Boo. I mean, good for them... but boo.
Then, surprise surprise, DD's skating instructor cancelled last Friday and wants to do it today instead - so while DH goes to the church for his course tonight, I'll have to take all the kids to the rink for that. :yuck:

No school for the kids tomorrow - although I didn't know that when I booked an appt for myself! I'm going to drop them off with FIL and then go to my appt. I'm :crossfingers: that I can get away with another 4 week stretch, so that I can just see my own OB next (he's away for the month), but we'll see. It doesn't help that I really don't like the OB I am seeing.

I've got some pics to upload - belly pics, and some stuff I've made. I'll get to that hopefully in the next couple days!

mibarra 02-03-2013 08:54 AM

The bleeding would have scared me to death!! Glad it's ok!

canadianbakers 02-03-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra (Post 16242084)
The bleeding would have scared me to death!! Glad it's ok!

It definitely did. I started shaking and could just feel the anxiety and panic setting in. It was a horrid feeling. It lasted through until the end of the week, honestly, though feeling Hiccup moving and having everything return to normal helped.
At this point, again, with nothing having happened more since then, I'm assuming it was a random thing - maybe cervical, maybe hormonal, or maybe an SCH or something in there that was being passed. :dunno: But I'm sure thanking God every day that there's been nothing more!

EmilytheStrange 02-03-2013 02:53 PM

glad to know the bleeding stopped and Hiccup is moving :)

just got off Amazon ordering my nursing pillow and thank goodness - the shipping date is mid-March! Let's hope this baby doesn't come early!

also 3rd trimester tea, mother's milk tea.... lots of tea.. I don't like tea... lol
but I will make it work... well, I don't like hot tea.. but if I put it over ice, it should be okay :)

I get to meet with my Doula this week to go over my 'ideal birth'. Very exciting! DH gave me his version of an ideal birth and it included me going to bed pregnant and waking up the next morning fully rested with a baby swaddled next to me. Well, technically, in his version, the baby was sleeping in another room.. but that's just crazy talk :)

canadianbakers 02-03-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16243408)
I get to meet with my Doula this week to go over my 'ideal birth'. Very exciting! DH gave me his version of an ideal birth and it included me going to bed pregnant and waking up the next morning fully rested with a baby swaddled next to me. Well, technically, in his version, the baby was sleeping in another room.. but that's just crazy talk :)

:giggle: silly daddy!

momneedssupport 02-03-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers (Post 16243423)

:giggle: silly daddy!

Bwahahaha!!!!

RunawayBunny 02-03-2013 08:05 PM

Alena, So glad the bleeding stopped and Hiccup was so reassuring. I am sure that was pretty terrifying. My BH have slowed. I am beginning to think they are anxiety related. I mean, sure some are normal (tired and dehydrated) but I feel like the series of them that just wont stop all happen when I am anxious about something. I did read that some OBs don't think placenta bleeding and BH related so I have stopped worrying at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16243408)

Thats too funny about your DH. And how exciting to meet with your doula!

canadianbakers 02-04-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunawayBunny (Post 16244451)
My BH have slowed. I am beginning to think they are anxiety related. I mean, sure some are normal (tired and dehydrated) but I feel like the series of them that just wont stop all happen when I am anxious about something. I did read that some OBs don't think placenta bleeding and BH related so I have stopped worrying at least.

That is good - not about anxiety bringing on the contractions (though I understand, stress brings on BH for me), but about you not worrying too much about them.
I've been having a lot more the past couple weeks, normal for me.

Meant to ask you - when your DH comes home, what will he be doing at home? Is he totally off, like vacation time, or is he still having to work and stuff? I assume the latter, otherwise he would just stay with you guys there?

AFM: ixnay on the appointmentay - I was up from 1:45 on last night with DD puking every 15 minutes. :yuck: She hasn't vomited since 6:30, so I'm :crossfingers: that she's done now. Oh - she just woke up and came out of her room as I'm typing this... really hope she's done with the puking and just needs to rest and get feeling better now!
:crossfingers: that it doesn't get passed around the house, too - a rotten thing with a bigger family!

ETA: Nope. Not done. Argh.

EmilytheStrange 02-04-2013 07:59 AM

Yuck - hope your DD feels better quickly!

I woke up at 6am and have been stressing about what we would do if I went into labor at night for childcare for DD.

This is still the biggest thing on my mind - ugh.