Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Med-free birthers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488325)

mvp529 02-03-2013 02:00 PM

Med-free birthers?

Just wondering how many out there are planning a med free birth? Not knocking anyone else's birth plan as I have had 6 pitocin/ epi births before my last med free birth.

What plans do you make, doula etc? Any first time moms going med free? It was the best experience of my life!

Andbabymakes2 02-03-2013 02:04 PM

Re: Med-free birthers?

My second one was med free, and pretty amazing. Not that I wasn't in pain, and cussed the whole way through, but it was the fastest too!! It was a hb in the pool so Idk if that was part of it, but I'd like to try again this time, and then transfer to the hosp. (for ins reasons, and I'm having tubes tied after)

AwesomeJen 02-03-2013 02:07 PM

I'm due 8/26 with #3. Both my boys were pitocin, epidural births. Planning all natural this time. Hired a doula today!

agoerke 02-03-2013 02:14 PM

I had my first completely med free and I will do it again. It was only bad for about an hour of my 14. And I think that being med free made the delivery much quicker! I only pushed fo r 8 minutes because I could feel where he was in the canal. If you can make it through labor, you can make it through delivery med free.

mvp529 02-03-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwesomeJen
I'm due 8/26 with #3. Both my boys were pitocin, epidural births. Planning all natural this time. Hired a doula today!

That's the only reason I made it to that goal. The doula made the difference. Well and refusing the early induction so no pit!

AwesomeJen 02-03-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvp529 (Post 16243092)

That's the only reason I made it to that goal. The doula made the difference. Well and refusing the early induction so no pit!

Mine weren't early inductions. Both cases my water broke and the docs pushed the pit. Second time I had a terrible reaction that stuck around for a couple weeks. Going to ride it out at home this time if my water breaks. We're contemplating a home birth, bit a lot of things have to fall into place for that to happen.

Raspberry Kisses 02-03-2013 02:44 PM

This is our second and we're trying for a VBAC. First birth experience was horrible so I won't go into details. Long story short, we're going with a midwife and a birth center this time. I understand that interventions might be necessary, but I'm going to try going completely without meds. We'll see. :)

AmberP 02-03-2013 02:50 PM

My 2nd was a med-free hospital birth and I am planning that again. I also cursed the whole way through, but I made it =D My midwife was totally awesome. She didn't even offer me anything.

Afterward, the nurse was trying to get me to take vicodin and an rx for vicodin and I was like ... really? "No thanks, but I will take a couple advil..." LOL

craigwick 02-03-2013 03:02 PM

Well, technically neither of my births was unmedicated, but DD2 was born before the epidural kicked in, so it was as close to unmedicated as I could be!

I'm really hoping to go the whole way this time with nothing, we have hired a doula who is a friend of DH's (he will be much more comfortable with her, and even having met her only once briefly a year ago, I remember thinking that I really liked her!) so I am hoping that will help. It will be a hospital birth as we don't have any other option here at the moment, but I am okay with that. So long as I get a private room if I need to spend the night!!!

stevensmom 02-03-2013 03:10 PM

both of the kids were pain med free births...however with both I needed pitocin.

ds my water broke and labor wasn't progressing so we started pit.

dd was an induction with pit.

but both I didn't have any pain meds...even when I had 2nd degree tears with ds and they were stitching me up with 20 stitches