Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   If I was going to buy ONE preschool SSC... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488360)

MotherMoonPads 02-03-2013 03:07 PM

If I was going to buy ONE preschool SSC...

which one would I buy?

I hate Ergos. I hate Bobas. I seriously hate Becos. We do not wear much at all right now, as my daughter is almost 3 (but she is a peanut at about 30 pounds).

We have big hiking plans this summer (and a few other trips planned) which will require me to wear her. My lone carrier is a Didy shorty right now.

I was a wrapper at one time, but my daughter does NOT like being wrapped at all. She will tolerate SSCs though.

I am a fluffy, short mama. I am so out of the loop as far as carriers go too!

What would you suggest that I buy?

crazyeyesmcgee 02-03-2013 03:13 PM

A Kinderpack or a Bamberoo?

I guess I would need to know more about WHY you hate those brands...

MotherMoonPads 02-03-2013 03:48 PM

Re: If I was going to buy ONE preschool SSC...

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyeyesmcgee (Post 16243247)
A Kinderpack or a Bamberoo?

I guess I would need to know more about WHY you hate those brands...

The Ergo is too short. The Beco seemed too narrow, I could never get it comfortable. The Boba was the best out of the 3, but still not the most comfortable.

bluedaisyma 02-03-2013 04:33 PM

Which beco? The 4 g is super comfy and not narrow. But for you I would rec an o&a toddler, kinder pack preschool or kanga xtp. I haven't tried b'roo or dream carrier tho

Sent from Future Dwight

MotherMoonPads 02-03-2013 04:39 PM

I briefly had an infant O & A. Internal harnesses drive me batty.
I don't remember which Beco, it was when I was wearing my (now) 5 year old, I believe. So it was a while ago.

I did have a Dream Carriers once. I should message Andrea to see what it was-there seem to be so many styles of those and I am easily confused

I was checking out Kanga XTPs. Pricey, but they look intriguing!

carriejb 02-03-2013 08:29 PM

We love our Kinderpack!

starbeam 02-03-2013 11:20 PM

definitely a kinderpack. taller and wider than most SSCs, very supportive, very comfy, and adorable prints and affordable too! i've never met anyone who didn't love the kinderpack.

MotherMoonPads 02-03-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starbeam (Post 16244896)
definitely a kinderpack. taller and wider than most SSCs, very supportive, very comfy, and adorable prints and affordable too! i've never met anyone who didn't love the kinderpack.

There are different sizes for Kinderpacks, right?

luvinmybaby! 02-04-2013 12:39 AM

Yes, there are four different sizes: infant, standard, toddler, and preschool. Here is a link for the sizing:
http://www.kindercarry.com/pages/info.htm

I have tried the toddler with my DD, and I find it comfy. THe newer models have PFA's on them (perfect fit adjusters) that can adjust the straps down to the next size. They have three strap sizes: petite, standard, and plus (which you can also read about on the link above). Just FYI, Kinderpack straps are very wide, so if you have very narrow shoulders you might not like them, but then again they may not bother you (personal preference). Also, the plus straps with PFAs can be adjusted down to standard size straps, but they are 1/2 inch wider if that is a concern.

butterflygirl71 02-04-2013 06:45 AM

Hands down, the KP. We have used all sizes and they are amazing! We have a preschool size for my 20 month old. He is huge though. About 38lbs now and feels weightless on your back in his KP. Just bought an infant sized for the newbie. I have tried many SSC's and KP is the best IMO. Especially for older, heavier kiddos.