Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   s/o Why are we so concerned about fomula feeders (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488391)

CASMama711 02-03-2013 03:31 PM

s/o Why are we so concerned about fomula feeders
 
...when there are people who put Kool-Aid (or soda, tea, etc.) in their babies' bottles?

Formula-feeding moms are not the ones you need to be worried about!

qsefthuko 02-03-2013 03:52 PM

Re: s/o Why are we so concerned about fomula feeders
 
I don't really care if people choose to ff. It does however irritate me when people want to say the quality of formula is equal to the quality of breastmilk. Their are many studies out there proving differently. Obviously for many babies formula is an adequate substitute.

I don't argue organic is better than non organic. However I cannot afford organic. I feel that despite being inferior to organic non organic is an adequate substitute.

I apply the same reasoning to formula.

hilaryisinked 02-03-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko
I don't really care if people choose to ff. It does however irritate me when people want to say the quality of formula is equal to the quality of breastmilk. Their are many studies out there proving differently. Obviously for many babies formula is an adequate substitute.

I don't argue organic is better than non organic. However I cannot afford organic. I feel that despite being inferior to organic non organic is an adequate substitute.

I apply the same reasoning to formula.

Agree.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

EmilytheStrange 02-03-2013 03:56 PM

Re: s/o Why are we so concerned about fomula feeders
 
why are we so concerned with other people's parenting decisions, period?

we all have our own gardens to cultivate.

Mom2Connor 02-03-2013 04:03 PM

Because people by nature are judgmental and want to make themselves feel superior by saying they do xyz which is better than abc. Then they try to add a disclaimer but really, what's the point? They've already stated their piece so no sense trying to negate it at the end.

mcpforever 02-03-2013 04:09 PM

Re: s/o Why are we so concerned about fomula feeders
 
Because apparently in order to get anyone to even consider breastfeeding, formula must be villified so that others are shamed away from it. ;)

MommaMal 02-03-2013 04:10 PM

People feel strongly about their parenting choices and are judgmental by nature.

ktmelody 02-03-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
why are we so concerned with other people's parenting decisions, period?

we all have our own gardens to cultivate.

Yup. Who cares!? If sally wants to put mtn dew in her kids bottle then she has to own that. Surely no one thinks mtn dew is healthy but some people just dont care. Not a choice I would make but I could care less what others do.

ulawolf 02-03-2013 04:29 PM

Idc. Personally I think if you dont want to bf then don't. Is ff exactly the same or better? No. but is it going to feed and give vidal nutriton to your baby? Yep. And I wouldnt even feel guilty if you just decide not to.

s@hmommy 02-03-2013 04:32 PM

Re: s/o Why are we so concerned about fomula feeders
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ktmelody (Post 16243720)
Yup. Who cares!? If sally wants to put mtn dew in her kids bottle then she has to own that. Surely no one thinks mtn dew is healthy but some people just dont care. Not a choice I would make but I could care less what others do.

Sheesh, I have standards, we all know Mellow Yellow is far superior!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors