Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ridiculous? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488408)

Rizach1983 02-03-2013 04:17 PM

Ridiculous?

So would it be completely silly to put my guy to bed with a fitted inside of an AIO? This kid is peeing through everything. Short of waking him up overnight to change him, I'm not sure what to do.

mamaspice 02-03-2013 04:21 PM

Worth a shot if it fits under there. Make sure the fitted is all tucked in.

What else have you tried?

Pixi6s 02-03-2013 05:22 PM

Re: Ridiculous?

As only as the AIO is still snug around the legs. I could see that being hard to do unless you size up the AIO. What about a fitted then a insert then a PUL cover? I think AIO generally still only absorb the same as a standard larger insert (like a BG OS MF) so that might work fine and be easier to attach.

TobinsTreasures 02-03-2013 07:09 PM

haha my DH did this the second or third day we were CDing and I didn't have the heart to tell him that it wasn't right because he's been so supportive and open to CDs. How old is your LO? I would suggest you try a Thirsties Hemp Prefold inside a Rumparooz (double gusset helps prevents leaks and the prefold is really absorbent- or the prefold with a standard insert.

iheartua07 02-03-2013 07:57 PM

My little guy is a HW and we've had luck with a hemp insert or hemp profile under MF in a pocket (BG 4.0).

kirst 02-03-2013 08:38 PM

I've tried that before breaking down and going to wool. Wool really isn't that much work to wash and lanolinize...esp if you are only using it at night. I found the dipe I put on top got very stretched out and my son was hot and seemed uncomfortable.

doulamomma 02-03-2013 08:50 PM

Ive put a flat over top of a fitted. (under wool) the only issue would be that it will probably be hard to get the aio to fit well enough to not leak.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DS Forum

Rizach1983 02-04-2013 04:11 PM

He's just now 5 months old, and is a super heavy wetter, sleeps on his belly and nurses 2-3 times overnight. So far the only combo that has stayed dry-ish is stuffing a kissaluv's AIO with a bamboo prefold. I don't have a huge variety of options right now, as I've been just working on getting our daytime diaper stash built up. We stick to Itti Bitti Tuttos or Bumkins AIO's during the day because he needs a trim fit. I have some rumparooz that I've tried stuffing with two newborn and the one long insert and that was wayyyy too bulky. The majority of what I have are pockets, but I'm trying to get away from MF, he seems to be a little sensitive to it. I have some of my friends wool and such, but I'm so scared I will ruin it somehow...I'm thinking I need to maybe get some fleece covers? Sorry, I don't have much experience with cloth, this is our fourth and last baby and the first I've used cloth with :-)

Rizach1983 02-04-2013 04:12 PM

And I did try some Kawaii Heavy Wetters, but didn't notice much difference and they were way bulky too.

meljc 02-04-2013 04:35 PM

Try a natural fiber (or combination of several natural fibers) instead of microfiber :-) BTW, when you say your LO is sensitive to microfiber, are you putting it next to his skin or in the pocket?

I think you should try the wool with your fitteds! Just throw in an extra insert or doubler (like hemp or bamboo).