Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What do I need for baby #2? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488508)

mommyjlo 02-04-2013 04:36 AM

What do I need for baby #2?

I'm putting together my registry for baby #2... What do I really need? I have plenty of diapers, plenty of carriers, the second car seat...

I would love ideas!

mommycass 02-04-2013 07:02 AM

Re: What do I need for baby #2?

I guess it all depends on what you kept from your first child.
My suggestions:
Double stroller(depending on #1s age)
Baby bath
Swing or bouncer
Crib or playpen
Towels & washclothes
Breastfeeding supplies
Bottles and/or pacifiers (if you plan to use them)
Clothing
& like you mentioned; a carseat.

mommyjlo 02-04-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommycass
I guess it all depends on what you kept from your first child.
My suggestions:
Double stroller(depending on #1s age)
Baby bath
Swing or bouncer
Crib or playpen
Towels & washclothes
Breastfeeding supplies
Bottles and/or pacifiers (if you plan to use them)
Clothing
& like you mentioned; a carseat.

Thanks, mama. My baby is only 9 months old, so I definitely kept everything. They will be 13 months apart. I've debated on wanting a double stroller at the beginning, since I used the carrier almost exclusively for 6 months, but I think it's worth having. :)

RunawayBunny 02-04-2013 07:37 AM

I was still using DS's wash clothes and bibs at 13 month so maybe things like that?

Thought I'd mention someone told me baby items all switch to the new year's models this time of year so last years models will go on sale right around now. May be a good time to buy a double stroller even if you dont use it for a while.

Melinda29 02-04-2013 07:47 AM

Re: What do I need for baby #2?

I personally would not register for anything except *maybe* a double stroller and a larger diaper bag. I really like the Kalencom Weekender bag and the Joovy Caboose Ultralight stroller.

Babies need so very little and your house can very easily becme swallowed by baby stuff.

jlsquire0324 02-04-2013 07:50 AM

My babies are 13 mos ( newbie is 6 weeks). I didn't need much but I did get more diapers/inserts that are one size, double stroller, bigger diaper bag (2 kids in cloth), crib, and if you don't have one get a pack n play or swing. Somewhere you can safely lay baby down when you have to tend to your toddler. That is a must in my opinion!

Mom2Connor 02-04-2013 07:54 AM

You're having a second baby shower when the first is only 9 mo?

mommyjlo 02-04-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2Connor
You're having a second baby shower when the first is only 9 mo?

Yes, I have wonderful family and friends who think every baby should be celebrated! :)

mommyjlo 02-04-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunawayBunny
I was still using DS's wash clothes and bibs at 13 month so maybe things like that?

Thought I'd mention someone told me baby items all switch to the new year's models this time of year so last years models will go on sale right around now. May be a good time to buy a double stroller even if you dont use it for a while.

Yes, I'm thinking a few more hooded towels and bibs, etc. And great to know about the models! Thanks!

mommyjlo 02-04-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melinda29
I personally would not register for anything except *maybe* a double stroller and a larger diaper bag. I really like the Kalencom Weekender bag and the Joovy Caboose Ultralight stroller.

Babies need so very little and your house can very easily becme swallowed by baby stuff.

So true... Definitely trying to avoid this since out house is small. I think that's why the registry is helpful... Heavens knows I don't need another blanket, piece of decor, etc.! :)