Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Big Mama's February Support Thread (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488561)

AcrossTheUniverse 02-04-2013 08:38 AM

Big Mama's February Support Thread

Here goes the monthly thread for The Big Mamas...

This thread is for the mamas who have a long road ahead of them... Naomi started this thread because she felt that the Big Mamas face different struggles when working on weight loss. We don't just need to lose a few pounds to feel happy, we need to drop large portions of weight to be healthy and active!

Feel free to join me and the other ladies anytime!

If you feel comfortable give:

Your name
Starting Weight
Current Weight
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March)
Long-Term Goal
Weight Lost to Date
Weight Loss Plan

I know it is a little intimidating to give your weight, but I really feel it is important to "say it out loud", so if you can, say that number for the last time and watch it shrink!

This thread is for the Big Mamas...women who are about 50-70lbs or more over their healthy weight (or were at the beginning of their journey). Join the ladies and I as we work our way to a healthier us!

AcrossTheUniverse 02-04-2013 08:41 AM

Re: Big Mama's February Support Thread

I don't think I've ever started the monthly thread before. :blush: Hope nobody minds!

Your name: Heather
Starting Weight: 296lbs
Current Weight: 219lbs
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March): Maintenance
Long-Term Goal: Maintenance
Weight Lost to Date: 77lbs
Weight Loss Plan: I'm not tracking calories anymore, but I am making wise food choices and eating appropriate portions. My main goal through this pregnancy is to exercise regularly and try to remember to take my vitamins! I am 7w2d now and haven't gained any weight yet, so I'm hoping I can keep it to about 10-15lbs once all is said and done. :)

Tommys_Mommy 02-04-2013 09:05 AM

Ooh, this might be a good way to stay in check for me!
Your name: Elizabeth
Starting Weight: 218
Current Weight: 212
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March): I just want to be able to stick with this and actually lose some weight and keep it off!
Long-Term Goal: To lose enough weight that I feel more confident and can start being more active with my kids. I don't ever want them to have the struggles with eating and weight that I have had.
Weight Lost to Date: 6 lbs (It's a start!!)
Weight Loss Plan: Keto

3lilbubs 02-04-2013 09:12 AM

Your nameElizabeth
Starting Weight 201
Current Weight 192
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March) 10lbs loss by end of phase 1 - 2/11/13 (1 lb to go!! :yay:
Long-Term Goal 140 or whatever "healthy and lean" winds up being for me
Weight Lost to Date - 9lbs since jan 13
Weight Loss Plan p90x, gnc lean shake, clean eating

I lost another pound!!! :yay: I've been doing 2 shakes a day to find out if I was over eating my calories and I've proven that correct. So next week I need to be more vigilant about watching the calories in what I eat not just portions so I can stay under my 1800 cal goal. Yesterday the shakes weren't really satisfying me but we finished off the day with tacos from Santanas for superbowl sunday and they were sooo good. I have been really tired the last 2 days and I think my body was begging me for the carbs because I ate all the beans and rice and feel much better today. And I lost weight! Bonus! LOL Just a pound away from my goal for the first phase. I'm hoping to lose about 10 each phase and I'm sure it's going to take me 6 mos or two rounds of p90x to be at my goal but that's ok. Took me a lot longer to get this way kwim? I'm in my recovery week for phase 1 and I just don't feel like it's doing much for me but I had a really hard time doing some of the core work last night on such a full stomach. :hide: "superman-banana" rolling on the floor doesn't feel good when you're full of mexican food. :yuck: My sentence for the week... I can feel my ribs! Mamas that have been very heavy, I know you understand what I mean! It's been a long time since I could feel my rib bones through the fat on my sides. While it's frustrating to see the fat on my stomach sit, I know WHERE that fat has already come off has improved my heart health buy a TON. YES! Feeling pumped for phase2. :mrgreen:

tallanvor 02-04-2013 09:12 AM

I'm Crystal, I think I've been here the longest and lost the least (a whopping 5 lbs over a couple of years). I have a screwed up thyroid that the doctors won't fix, so yeah. Doesn't help. I weigh right about 225 and would love to get down to at least 180 and then I'll re-evaluate.

I did get on the Wii this morning. It's not my preferred method of working out, as it takes forever to really burn any calories on Wii Fit Plus, which is what I did this morning. I can't wait until it's warm enough to go get on the elliptical again in the mornings. Found out a group of ladies at church meet up on Tuesday nights and walk at the church. I think they use that Walk Away the Pounds DVD that some of y'all have. So, I'm going to try and start getting up there as well as my workouts at home. Fell off the no-Coke wagon last week, so starting back on that today.

l_Kimmie_l 02-04-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallanvor (Post 16246026)
I'm Crystal, I think I've been here the longest and lost the least (a whopping 5 lbs over a couple of years). I have a screwed up thyroid that the doctors won't fix, so yeah. Doesn't help. I weigh right about 225 and would love to get down to at least 180 and then I'll re-evaluate.

I did get on the Wii this morning. It's not my preferred method of working out, as it takes forever to really burn any calories on Wii Fit Plus, which is what I did this morning. I can't wait until it's warm enough to go get on the elliptical again in the mornings. Found out a group of ladies at church meet up on Tuesday nights and walk at the church. I think they use that Walk Away the Pounds DVD that some of y'all have. So, I'm going to try and start getting up there as well as my workouts at home. Fell off the no-Coke wagon last week, so starting back on that today.

Have you requested to see an endocrinologist? When my doc refused to treat mine, I demanded to see an endo. They treated me. Now my doc has to follow through. I know how frustrating it is :hugs:

tallanvor 02-04-2013 11:07 AM

Yep, I've seen the endo twice. They say that while my numbers are off, they are still technically within normal range, so despite the fact that I have all these symptoms, they won't treat. I'm looking into the possibility of finding a doctor off base, but I have to find out if any of the military insurance plans will allow for that. I have been treated off and on by a naturopath that I love, but he's in Michigan, and it's just not feasible to get up there and see him at least twice a year. I can't even guarantee to see him once a year.

l_Kimmie_l 02-04-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallanvor (Post 16246623)
Yep, I've seen the endo twice. They say that while my numbers are off, they are still technically within normal range, so despite the fact that I have all these symptoms, they won't treat. I'm looking into the possibility of finding a doctor off base, but I have to find out if any of the military insurance plans will allow for that. I have been treated off and on by a naturopath that I love, but he's in Michigan, and it's just not feasible to get up there and see him at least twice a year. I can't even guarantee to see him once a year.

That is awful!! I hope you find someone to take you seriously. I would also be looking for someone else too. Not fair to you at all. My endo likes you to be at a lower number, 1 if I remember.

tallanvor 02-04-2013 03:47 PM

Yeah, I had to fight them for a good year to even test me originally, and then they just tested my TSH, which was normal, but when we moved to a different base, they tested for TSH, T4, and T3, and my TSH was still normal, but not the others. I didn't realize until then that they hadn't tested more completely in Alaska. So, I've been dealing with a screwed up thyroid for a few years, but getting by. Not losing any weight, but I'm surviving, and we don't have the finances to just go off on my own. I just recently found out a couple of my military friends here are seeing someone off base, so I'm looking into it. Unfortunately, there are rumors that our insurance is changing in April.

AcrossTheUniverse 02-04-2013 05:06 PM

Crystal, I hope you can get it figured out so you can see someone. Even though your T4 & T3 were off they still wouldn't treat you? Are you on any meds at all? Do you have Hashimoto's? I've been reading a ton about this stuff since being dx with Grave's. I'm definitely not an expert but I understand all the tests/meds and such a lot better now. There are things you can do naturally like going gluten free, selenium & iodine supplementation, etc... There is a really good Thyroid forum on Babycenter if you're interested.