Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Need fear/stress release ideas... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488588)

Green Decals 02-04-2013 10:40 AM

Need fear/stress release ideas...

I am officially post-date, and have had lots of labor-type progress for the last few weeks. Last night I had a horrible dream, not about labor or the baby but that one of my sons amputated a very important body part :sadno: - I know, horrible. As we were getting in the car to rush to the hospital, I told the baby to stay in until we got past this ordeal. I then promptly checked to see that both boys were still whole (because that's what neurotic, freaked-out pregnant mamas do, right?) and spent some time snuggling with them as they slept and calming myself down, but I still didn't get any more sleep after that. Today all of my contractions and other labor progress is gone and baby is super active - not exactly "reserving their energy for labor".

I really feel like I need to release this tension/fear/stress somehow or this poor baby is going to stay in. I know that the baby experienced all of the emotional turmoil that I experienced last night, but this dream was so radical and far-out that I just don't know what to make of it, or how to move past it. Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

lovewool 02-04-2013 04:42 PM

Re: Need fear/stress release ideas...

:hugs: I just looked up your threads to see if you'd had your baby yet! I'm really sorry you're going the post-date stress! You were so supportive when I just went through the same thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Decals (Post 16246188)
Today all of my contractions and other labor progress is gone and baby is super active - not exactly "reserving their energy for labor".

My baby was the most active I ever felt him the day I went into labor. He also was a wild man through all the contractions and birth. He was very calm throughout the whole pregnancy and didn't move nearly as much as my first who didn't move even in the slightest bit during labor and birth.

When I had gone about a week post date I told baby it was loved and I was couldn't wait to meet it. I ate spicy and started taking evening primrose. Not sure if any of that helped but he did come! My labor started in afternoon and then I got stressed out with toddler behavior and it stalled until around midnight. It came back though!

I am not sure what to tell you about that dream, but try not to let it stress you out too much. It sounds terribly scary! Maybe a nice hot bath would sooth you.

I think you'll have baby very soon. Good luck! Keep me posted.

keen1981 02-04-2013 04:45 PM

I went post dates with Levi :( first time ever!

I think what helped me was I got acupuncture. Never had it before. And it was the best $80 ever spent. I seriously left that place feeling better. Laughing and having a great date night with DH. We went and ate spicy curry, haha! And the next day I lost more and more plug and then bam. 5pm hit and wowzer. I was in labor. I think the acupuncture helped release my tension!!

Green Decals 02-04-2013 05:12 PM

Thanks ladies. Jenn, I almost sent you a PM today but life got ahead of me! I am not so worried about the post-date part, moreso how to let this baby know that all is well. I hadn't thought about the acupuncture for stress relief, I might try that. I haven't felt stressed at all until that dream, now I am stressed because of it. Sigh.

Tris 02-04-2013 05:23 PM

Do you have any Ina may books? They have a lot of positive stories that really helped me refocus when I was almost 2 weeks overdue with DD2.

steph410 02-05-2013 02:35 PM

can you exercise at all? or is it maybe too uncomfortable?
it might just be a physical thing, rather than mental. good luck!!

EmilytheStrange 02-05-2013 03:54 PM

teas?

I just ordered 'third trimester tea' and it says that the chamomile in the tea helps calm the nerves.

so, you might run out and get a box of chamomile tea....

good luck! that does sound stressful!