Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Looking for Recs for a SSC larger than the Ergo (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488590)

KandFsMomma 02-04-2013 09:42 AM

Looking for Recs for a SSC larger than the Ergo

* I had this posted in the Babywearing section and didn't get any replies, so I thought I'd try here*

Hi!

I have an Ergo, and LOVE it, I'm on kid #2 and Ergo #2. Anyways, DS is almost 2, and I still carry him on my front a lot, but he's a big guy and seem to be getting almost too tall for it. (Which sounds insane because I can still carry my 5 year old on my back in it :headscratch: )

Anyways, I have some back problems, and the Ergo isn't always the most comfortable. I was thinking of adding another carrier to my stash, but if I do I'd like to get something big enough for DH to use too.

DH is 6'5" 360lbs, very broad shoulders. We tried the Ergo sport, and the waist extension fits, but the straps are not long enough to work with his shoulders. :banghead:

Any suggestions?

We have a few local shops that sell other SSC so I was going to go in and have him try some on.

Thank you!

Mom2Finn 02-04-2013 10:23 AM

Maybe a kinderpack in toddler size? A Boba?

escapethevillage 02-04-2013 10:32 AM

Re: Looking for Recs for a SSC larger than the Ergo

I have a Boba, and I really like it. I'm very tall, and it fits me better than an ergo. Even the preschool age kids fit into the Boba. But, the very small ones don't. The back is just a little too tall for them.

BUT, I would also like to suggest you stop wearing a bigger child (over 12 months) on your front. You'd be a lot safer if you put him on your back. Back problems are not a small thing, and it can be a domino effect if you don't take care of your back now.

bluedaisyma 02-04-2013 10:55 AM

Kinder pack, kanga, olives and applesauce. Ergo has probably the shortest body along with Yamo, I can't use them with my leaners.

Sent from Future Dwight

tallanvor 02-04-2013 10:56 AM

I would think that carrying your 2 yr old on your front would be adding (possibly causing?) your back problems. I would definitely consider doing that rarely if at all at this point.

As for a carrier, I haven't used one in several years, so I'm not sure what's out there. However, my sister and her husband do a lot of backpacking/hiking. You might look into a carrier for that for your husband. They would probably have a much broader size range than most carriers that are listed on parenting sites.

KandFsMomma 02-04-2013 11:05 AM

Thanks!

I would love to stop carrying him on my front, but he still nurses quite a bit and this is why I do it.

I've had back problems for about 15 years.

danielle 02-04-2013 11:54 AM

I have an Olives and Applesauce I'd like to sell if you have any interest in second hand.

CASMama711 02-04-2013 11:59 AM

Another vote for Boba or possibly something custom, such as a grad-sized UMC from NuzzleMe Creations.

keysersoze 02-04-2013 12:29 PM

Baby hawk oh snap

KandFsMomma 02-04-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danner (Post 16246821)
I have an Olives and Applesauce I'd like to sell if you have any interest in second hand.

I love second hand, but know nothing about this carrier.

Feel free to PM me with info and price etc

Thanks!