Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   August 2013~ weekly chat ~ 2/4-10 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488592)

stevensmom 02-04-2013 09:46 AM

August 2013~ weekly chat ~ 2/4-10

:preggo:

QOTW: Where are you from, and where are you now? extra- how'd you get there?

blessedwifenmama 02-04-2013 02:43 PM

Re: August 2013~ weekly chat ~ 2/4-10

So I had my appointment with the midwife today, and found out my uterus is already up to my belly button! With my son it didn't get that high until I was about 18-20 weeks! Baby's HB was perfect, around 150. :wub:

Andbabymakes2 02-04-2013 03:52 PM

Yay for a good appt!

QOTW: Where are you from, and where are you now? extra- how'd you get there?

My answer- I am originally from Michigan, but dad was Army and we got stationed at Ft Riley, KS. I lived there until I graduated,(92) moved around for several yrs, until 97. Ended up in the Kansas City area where I met dh and lived until right before ds was born. We moved to SE KS and are planning on staying here for a good while.

stevensmom 02-04-2013 03:55 PM

AOTW~

okay I'm going to be really boring :giggle2: I am from the same town I am in now. I live about 3 miles away from where I lived growing up. :giggle2: DH is the same way too. We are pretty boring, but we would never move.

3 ladybugs 02-04-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama (Post 16247706)
So I had my appointment with the midwife today, and found out my uterus is already up to my belly button! With my son it didn't get that high until I was about 18-20 weeks! Baby's HB was perfect, around 150. :wub:

Congratulations! I didn't think the uterus gets that big this fast. :headscratch: Maybe you just have a uterus that likes to be pregnant. :goodvibes:

QOTD - I am from Southwest Washington state (learned a long time ago that I have to put that "state" in there). I am now living true central New Jersey (I hate it when people that live closer to NYC, like they can get there in less then 1 hour, say they live in central New Jersey!).

How I got here is a sorted tale and one that has driven many people to say that I should write a book on it... yeah my life is a lot of things but boring isn't one of them! The short version is I always wanted to live where the action was/is and California earthquakes scare me! Snow storms not so much, so here I am. :giggle2: I have lived on the east coast since I was 18.5 years old.

AmberP 02-05-2013 01:39 AM

I just got kicked in the crotch <3 LOL I haven't felt baby for about a week, but I just got a sharp little jab. Awesome! =D

AOTW: I was born in podunk Oregon and raised in Northern California. Not the bay area-- NORTHERN California, 15 miles south of the Oregon border. I moved around in CA a bit (Chico State, San Luis Obispo) and then my fiance and I decided to move to Portland, OR area to go to school. He wanted to go for Computer Science and I wanted to go to Nursing School. So far, we've neither one managed and we've been here for almost 8 years =D He is working doing what he loves (IT) and I did all of the pre-nursing classes and then went for Medical Assisting and decided to be a stay at home mom instead. Eventually I will go back, but my goal is slightly different. I want to be an IBCLC, but I am not sure if I want to get my BS Nursing or go for my Masters in Public Health (or both lol) in addition to that.

Tris 02-05-2013 06:27 AM

I woke up last night and both sides of my ute hurt, round ligament pain? Peeing helped :D
And U/S today! *happy dance*

I'm from all over. Actually I'm from CA, but in the last 5 years have lived in VA, to CA, to NJ, to NC :)

3 ladybugs 02-05-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom (Post 16247982)
AOTW~

okay I'm going to be really boring :giggle2: I am from the same town I am in now. I live about 3 miles away from where I lived growing up. :giggle2: DH is the same way too. We are pretty boring, but we would never move.

I think that is more common then not. Of the people I know I can probably count on just one hand how many of us packed up and moved somewhere else from where we grew up. 2 of the people would be my mom and me. :) I guess it is in my genes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris (Post 16249970)
I woke up last night and both sides of my ute hurt, round ligament pain? Peeing helped :D
And U/S today! *happy dance*

I'm from all over. Actually I'm from CA, but in the last 5 years have lived in VA, to CA, to NJ, to NC :)

Good luck with your ultrasound today!

You sound like me! I have lived in WA, MA, CT, NY, FL and NJ. Right now we purchased this house when I was 8 months pregnant with DS and honestly this is the first time since I turned 18 that I have lived in a place this long! We will be here for 5 years in August. I am 36. At 7 years I will have lived her longer then any other place period. However I am still hoping that DH will move us overseas before we hit that 7 year mark. ;)

blessedwifenmama 02-05-2013 06:53 AM

I've lived in Maine my whole life. I've never lived more than an hour and 15 minutes from my parents' house.

Tris 02-05-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama (Post 16250041)
I've lived in Maine my whole life. I've never lived more than an hour and 15 minutes from my parents' house.

Jealous, I miss my parents! They are a 7 hour flight away :( My H's parents, however, live right down the street...