Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Nursing while wearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488742)

callejon87 02-04-2013 03:34 PM

Nursing while wearing
 
When were you able to start nursing while baby wearing? What kind of wrap? What kind of carry? Baby is just 13 days old but I'm excited for that day to come :)

Tris 02-04-2013 03:56 PM

Re: Nursing while wearing
 
I could in my moby, baby k'tan, and ergo. Why can't you do it now?

callejon87 02-04-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris
I could in my moby, baby k'tan, and ergo. Why can't you do it now?

I'm sure I could ;) just nervous. We had a rough first week of nursing, just graduated lactation appointments today!

TobinsTreasures 02-04-2013 04:03 PM

Re: Nursing while wearing
 
My friend is BFing her 5.5 month old in the ergo- loosen the straps, pop the cover over his head, nobody is the wiser. I just pull my 7 week old LO out of my wrap (similar to a moby) and I like how the wrap covers all the extra skin that would otherwise be exposed and leaves the perfect little window. I'm sure I could figure out how to nurse in the wrap if I wrapped differently but I'm too lazy to look it up :)

And yes, why can't you wear now?

TobinsTreasures 02-04-2013 04:06 PM

Re: Nursing while wearing
 
Well when you're ready, go for it! I had my DS in the wrap after the first week- its amazing what you can get accomplished with two hands again! So much easier for me out and about than carrying that lug of a carseat- and I feel like my baby is so less exposed to others, germs, etc when they are wrapped close to me.

callejon87 02-04-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey5783
Well when you're ready, go for it! I had my DS in the wrap after the first week- its amazing what you can get accomplished with two hands again! So much easier for me out and about than carrying that lug of a carseat- and I feel like my baby is so less exposed to others, germs, etc when they are wrapped close to me.

Still takes a little coaxing with positioning to get nursing going but I bet we could give it a shot this week! We have a k'tan, moby and Beco Gemini

ksenja 02-05-2013 02:12 AM

Re: Nursing while wearing
 
I know nursing is not easy for everone, let alone nursing while baby wearing. I have nursed all 4 of mine, but had some difficulties with all. I am a bit jealous of the mamas who make it look so easy :) I think it's great that you are researching ahead of time so that when you're ready to try it out you have some tips. I have not been able to nurse while baby wearing, but I have found that with nursing in general (different positions, etc) that "practice makes perfect". Give it a try and see how it goes, adjust some things if needed. If it doesn't work perfectly, try again, and again, and again. And if you just can't get the hang of it, it is ok. Give yourself some grace and try to focus on the things that are going well. :)

callejon87 02-05-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksenja
I know nursing is not easy for everone, let alone nursing while baby wearing. I have nursed all 4 of mine, but had some difficulties with all. I am a bit jealous of the mamas who make it look so easy :) I think it's great that you are researching ahead of time so that when you're ready to try it out you have some tips. I have not been able to nurse while baby wearing, but I have found that with nursing in general (different positions, etc) that "practice makes perfect". Give it a try and see how it goes, adjust some things if needed. If it doesn't work perfectly, try again, and again, and again. And if you just can't get the hang of it, it is ok. Give yourself some grace and try to focus on the things that are going well. :)

Thanks! Sounds like I could definitely try now, but for my own sanity and patience should maybe give nursing a few more days first. Today we successfully nursed using a cover in the living room with company over, another nursing goal accomplished :)

A related practical question...how do you all dress under your wraps to make for easy access to nursing? And is it a lot of fumbling to switch sides and/or burp? Thanks for your responses!

callejon87 02-06-2013 02:23 PM

I nursed then baby was wide awake so I put her in the k'tan. She got fussy so I tried nursing in it again before taking her out. It was fumbly, a little awkward and not modest, but we did it! Haha

MommaMal 02-06-2013 02:47 PM

I nursed while wearing in a ring sling from pretty much day 1. I was alone much of the time since DH works a lot and needed to be able to care and play with my older daughter. I like RSI because you can use the tail as a cover of sorts since I find it ver hard to be any type of discrete with a newbie.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors