Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What Breast-Pump Would You Choose? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488793)

babygirls2 02-04-2013 07:16 PM

What Breast-Pump Would You Choose?

I just found out that my Ins company covers a breastpump!!! Squeeeee!!!! At the bottom of the page in this link from my insurance company...what would be your choice??

5lilmonkeys 02-04-2013 07:39 PM

Re: What Breast-Pump Would You Choose?

I Love my Medela Pump in Style! I had one with DS and I bought another for this baby :)

rchamberlain 02-04-2013 07:59 PM

Medela is awesome!

mibarra 02-04-2013 08:54 PM

I've been happy with my Medela through 2 babies.

estrellajane 02-05-2013 03:12 PM

I got a Medela PISA when I had my first baby in 2007. It's lasted through 2 kids (and I exclusively pumped for my second for 14 months). I love that pump!

mama2tommy 02-05-2013 04:06 PM

Hygeia. I have a Medela Freestyle, which is awesome, but not covered. I have a Medela PISA, and am not a huge fan. I have an Ameda Purely Yours, & it's okay.

I like portability, and I don't like open systems. The freestyle is the ultimate in portability, and mine is still going strong after 2+ years of 3 pumps a day, but it, like all personal use Medela pumps, is an open system.

The Ameda will work on disposable batteries, but that can get expensive.

The hygeia combines an internal battery with a closed system. It's a good company...when Ameda-Egnell split years ago, hygeia is the offspring of the Egnell technology.

bcb1961 02-05-2013 04:07 PM

Ameda or Hygeia. Those are recommended by LCs. I had an Ameda and it was great.

Momof3ri 02-05-2013 06:12 PM

I have a Medela and Ameda. I love them both.

austinandashlynsmommy 02-05-2013 06:28 PM

I have a medela pis and an ameda purely yours and between the 2, I would definitely choose the medela. That said, I had borrowed a hygeia that was 100 times better!

qsefthuko 02-05-2013 06:31 PM

Medela Advanced Personal Double Breast Pump
Comes with double pumping kit, original 2-Phase Expression, A.C.power cord, power accessory battery pack, convenient shoulder bag with integrated cooler bag with ice packs, breast milk containers and shields, instructions and warrantees.(#57045W)

Although I am firmly convinced most mamas(barring work out of home mamas) don't need pumps, I would never turn down a quality pump. I would choose this one because it has the battery pack. I imagine that would be really handy to have.