Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Would you mention this to the seller? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488820)

jenndoxx 02-04-2013 08:06 PM

Would you mention this to the seller?

So, I bought a pair of used Nike shorts on ebay. The kind with the built-in panty, and in this pair of shorts the panty happens to be white.

I suppose I am naive to assume people wash their laundry prior to selling it on ebay. These shorts had a crotch stripe, definitely not poop, but some type of female crotch-related body fluid ... it was plainly visible, I had no trouble photographing it, but they had clearly been worn and not washed. Grossed.me.out. I washed them on HOT and the stripe is long gone. She just didn't wash them. Gaaaag.

She sent me an message 3 days after the auction ended to say that she was on vacation and would mail them ASAP. I received them 9 days after the auction ended. Not too slow, but she charged me $3.14 for shipping and the postage was $0.89. So I'm kinda irked about the transaction. WWYD?

earthflower 02-04-2013 08:08 PM

Re: Would you mention this to the seller?

gross, sorry you received that in the mail

Fashionably Green Baby 02-04-2013 08:09 PM

I would definitely let her know and I might be inclined to ask for a small refund since she didn't wash them AND she overcharged for shipping. I mean you paid for shorts, not bodily fluids ;)

megenic 02-04-2013 08:11 PM

Oh, that is so gross. I would definitely say something about that AND the shipping overcharge. If you bought diapers and they came unwashed you would definitely say something, and this is no different. Of course the seller will probably deny and say they were perfectly clean :-)

Tris 02-04-2013 08:11 PM

Oh gross, I'd be skeeved enough to return them.

ChihuahuaMama13 02-04-2013 08:12 PM

Definitely say something. That is disgusting...

bigmamakelsey 02-04-2013 08:18 PM

:yuck: I probably would be so grossed out I would return them. I definitely think she owes you a partial refund and you owe her neutral (or maybe neg) feedback depending on what she says.

qsefthuko 02-04-2013 08:23 PM

I thought a thread on here stated it is against eBay policy to overcharge on shipping costs. I would at least get the overage back. I would also leave neutral or possibly even negative depending on the seller's response.

Rdesonia 02-04-2013 08:24 PM

Very gross.

jenndoxx 02-04-2013 08:32 PM

Yeah, just not cool at all. Very awkward.

About the overage, if postage was 89 cents, I'm sure she will argue that she had to pay for the packaging. She mailed the shorts in a Ready Post bubble mailer.