Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Any mamas put purple diaper on boys? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488857)

flylady0505 02-04-2013 10:07 PM

Any mamas put purple diaper on boys?

Is it strange if I want to buy a purple diaper. For a boy. Has any one got a more girl color on boy please share my husband says no to purple. I really want one lol giggle

lovenestNW 02-04-2013 10:09 PM

Re: Any mamas put purple diaper on boys?

It is just a diaper, it will not change that he was born with a penis.:giggle:Tell your husband real men/boys can wear purple, pink or any color.:goodvibes:

qsefthuko 02-04-2013 10:13 PM

I am a boy's clothes for boys and girls clothes for girls mama. But I make exceptions for diapers. If I wanted purple by heavens my kiddos butt will display purple for me. Except of course I don't actually like purple at all.

cdeweese 02-04-2013 10:13 PM

Heck yes!!! DS will be two in March and he has Dazzle and the Lovelace BG print. I LOVE them! He also has a pink cheetah print Ragababe :giggle: I'm having a girl in May, but he had Grape FB before I was pregnant hahahaha!!!

ifyousaygo 02-04-2013 10:17 PM

Yup. I've got some nice pink ones stashed for him, too. :D

onion 02-04-2013 10:49 PM

Purple for boys? OF COURSE! Totally fine color for a boy. I have two purple diaper covers. And a purple sleeper. And other purple! Go for it!

waterisntsomething 02-04-2013 11:00 PM

Absolutely! DS has two dark purple alvas and an orchid thirsties. Purple is my favorite color and in my opinion very gender neutral.

peep_erz 02-04-2013 11:07 PM

I wouldn't hesitate to diaper a boy with a purple diaper. I am however trying to wrap my head around using the flowers and butterflies prints on a boy. I'm more than OK with putting a little girl in robots and airplanes but I can't really see myself doing the opposite with a boy. I feel so sexist. :S

kirst 02-04-2013 11:15 PM

My son has a dark purple Nana's Bottoms lined with zebra print suedecloth. I suppose you could say that the zebra print makes it "girlie" but I find it fun. And he just looks like such a boy in everything, even in gender neutral colors, strangers always comment and say things like "what a cute boy". And I just got him a purple interlock soaker from Woolly Bottoms that arrived today...it's a lovely color "Concord" and seems "boy" enough for me.

I actually have a hard time with the printed pocket diaper he has with monkeys and pink hearts on it...didn't realize there were pink hearts til after it arrived as main part of diaper is blue. Even though it is mostly blue, that little fleck of pink makes it girly.

spcjoneswifey 02-04-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peep_erz (Post 16249611)
I wouldn't hesitate to diaper a boy with a purple diaper. I am however trying to wrap my head around using the flowers and butterflies prints on a boy. I'm more than OK with putting a little girl in robots and airplanes but I can't really see myself doing the opposite with a boy. I feel so sexist. :S

This. I totally should turn in my feminist membership card lol