Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I'm seriously going to delete this after I get an answer (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488871)

EmmaGM 02-05-2013 12:59 AM

I'm seriously going to delete this after I get an answer

I got a house plant. A ponytail palm, or a Hooville Tree as I call them. I kill EVERY plant ever. I'm cursed, really.

So I'm diligently memorizing how normal people keep these things alive and this website keeps talking about doing stuff during "growing season." ...excuse me? What the heck is that? Isn't it different everywhere?

Rdesonia 02-05-2013 01:03 AM

Re: I'm seriously going to delete this after I get an answer

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaGM (Post 16249697)
I got a house plant. A ponytail palm, or a Hooville Tree as I call them. I kill EVERY plant ever. I'm cursed, really.

So I'm diligently memorizing how normal people keep these things alive and this website keeps talking about doing stuff during "growing season." ...excuse me? What the heck is that? Isn't it different everywhere?

You can try to delete it... But we won't let you! Ha Ha! I quoted you. :giggle2:

Buy a cactus. I forgot mine was in the windowsill. I'm quite sure that is the only reason it lived for so long. I have a magical brown thumb. It's like I'm the magical fairy of death to all plants. :giggle2:

Mom23kids 02-05-2013 01:41 AM

I kill every plant I try to nurture. Lol! No help here.

Dory 02-05-2013 02:18 AM

I killed a cactus once. I'm a pitiful person. The thing was attracting gnats, even though it looked ok. So I sat it outside and forgot to bring it in that night. It was spring, but we had another cold spell. Killed him dead. My son boohooed. Bawled. I got two more, that came with instructions. Turned out I was over watering! Once a week for a grafted cactus. Once a month for aloe.

Or do I have that backwards?

Crap.

PoshPants 02-05-2013 02:21 AM

my blueberry plants where un killable! if that is a word!

Newton 02-05-2013 03:47 AM

I kill plants too, I swear by those waterfall things. I fill them once a week and the rest is on the plant to do. I now actually have plants that have been around a couple years! All because the plant is responsible!

DalesWidda 02-05-2013 06:37 AM

Deleted just in case OP didn't want this put in OT sorry!

Spunkify 02-05-2013 07:08 AM

Yes growing seasons are different in different areas, but usually only by a few weeks. They can also vary slightly whether the plant is an inside or outside plant.

EmmaGM 02-05-2013 08:33 AM

Oh my gosh, what is this? The diaperswappers plant death team?! No one knows when this magical "growing season" is?! :rofl:

luvsgreen 02-05-2013 09:25 AM

Growing season is going to be different depending on where you live. You probably have a long growing season.Starting Feb-March. Where as I have a very short growing season. End of May to end of August. It is just to cold up here.