Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   tell me I'm not the only one (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488876)

Dory 02-05-2013 01:14 AM

tell me I'm not the only one

Who gets an itch that feels like its inside the skin.
Like, it feels like the skin on my lower stomach itches on the inside. Google basically told me that it means an organ is shutting down. Pretty sure I'm not dying, so someone else tell me you've occurred like this and you're still breathing. Because this itch is bugging me!

Rdesonia 02-05-2013 02:44 AM

Re: tell me I'm not the only one

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dory (Post 16249749)
Who gets an itch that feels like its inside the skin.
Like, it feels like the skin on my lower stomach itches on the inside. Google basically told me that it means an organ is shutting down. Pretty sure I'm not dying, so someone else tell me you've occurred like this and you're still breathing. Because this itch is bugging me!

Really... according to google if your stomach itches, your organs are shutting down? :giggle2: It's probably dry skin from winter, or the elastic in your undies, or some very reasonable non-fatal reason. You are not going to die from itchy skin.

Try some antihistamine or cortisone cream.

~happy2Bamommy~ 02-05-2013 05:51 AM

Not to be all doom and gloom (or imply you are yucky) but did you google itching and parasites?

holly6737 02-05-2013 05:57 AM

I'm sure your organs aren't shutting down! :giggle:

Rewind_Selector 02-05-2013 06:28 AM

I get an itch on the inside. Could be my foot or finger but yeah I know what you mean. If I try to scratch it I can't. It's like I would have to turn my skin inside out to get to it. Remember inside out boy? Just do a flip over the swing and then u can scratch that itch!

joyous 02-05-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ (Post 16249910)
Not to be all doom and gloom (or imply you are yucky) but did you google itching and parasites?

I get itchy skin too, and I'm terrified to type this into Google. I'll stay happily oblivious, thank you.

Antebellum 02-05-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyous

I get itchy skin too, and I'm terrified to type this into Google. I'll stay happily oblivious, thank you.

Me too! after the worms thread i dont think i want to know.

Dory 02-05-2013 09:25 AM

lol I think I googled "skin itches on inside." The first result was from livestrong, and mentioned kidney failure, liver failure, and one more. I didn't buy it at all and just posted here. Lol

CaliRoll 02-05-2013 09:38 AM

That happened when I was pregnant and it was cholestasis of pregnancy. It was an intense itch that wasn't on my skin, but rather under it. Scratching holes in my skin to try reaching it, intense. People tried to tell me that itching was normal during pregnancy. If I hadn't listened to my gut and gotten tested and treated, my last two pregnancies could've ended in stillbirths.

If it keeps happening and no amount of OTC remedies or home remedies are giving you any relief, I'd go see the doctor. Better safe than sorry.

AnimalHouse 02-05-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliRoll (Post 16250644)
That happened when I was pregnant and it was cholestasis of pregnancy. It was an intense itch that wasn't on my skin, but rather under it. Scratching holes in my skin to try reaching it, intense. People tried to tell me that itching was normal during pregnancy. If I hadn't listened to my gut and gotten tested and treated, my last two pregnancies could've ended in stillbirths.

If it keeps happening and no amount of OTC remedies or home remedies are giving you any relief, I'd go see the doctor. Better safe than sorry.

I had cholestasis with DS1, and it was excruciating!