Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Best wrap for hot weather? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488932)

lauren_brooke 02-05-2013 09:20 AM

Baby #2 is due in July and I'm trying to decide which wrap would be best. We have a moby but that will be way too hot during the hot weather. I have a ring sling on the way to me, but I want a wrap for longer periods of time. I've looked at Wrapsody stretch hybrid and Ellaroo. There's also a local store that has Dolcino but they said its a heavier material and wouldnt be cool. Any suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

MommaMal 02-05-2013 09:24 AM

Didymos Autumn Indio is super airy and light. Gauze wraps are also pretty cool and pretty cheap and easy to DIY

lauren_brooke 02-05-2013 10:08 AM

I would like something with good support that could last as baby grows too.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

MommaMal 02-05-2013 10:11 AM

I used my didy with my 30 pound 1 year old. I dint own a gauze wrap but I've heard they are fine.
Moby wouldn't be good for long because the stretch isn't great past 15ish pounds IMO and they are pretty hot.

Cutebabybutts 02-07-2013 10:20 AM

Re: Best wrap for hot weather?

I live in Texas and it gets crazy hot here. I honestly think that all carriers are hot but what I used the most was a Dittany Baby sling made of two layers of cotton.

Mom2jandb 02-08-2013 10:26 AM

I live in Texas too. I agree, all carriers are hot bc you have two bodies against one another, but I think the airiest you can get is a single layer linen. I like my Sakura Bloom ring sling for this. It's a pixie and it sparkles!

ltlmrs 02-11-2013 10:53 AM

I used a Wrap 'n Wear with my July baby, once fall hit we switched to a more supportive Storch, but while she was tiny the WnW was just fine.

mblicious 02-12-2013 05:55 AM

I love my ring sling for warm weather but a lighter cotton wrap or linen wrap would be great too.

smithjones 02-15-2013 08:32 PM

You can purchase a womb it is great it is a sleeping bag (literally) with no sleeves or arm holes so they can't get out. You can purchase these online at their website

monkeybunns 02-16-2013 02:43 AM

Ellaroo is nice and thin. I liked my Wrapsody Bali Breeze and my stretch hybrid up to about 25 lbs and then they started getting a little diggy-any of those can be used with a back carry though. If it's hot enough a wrap will probably just be really uncomfortable. You may consider a meshy/solar veil ring sling or even a wrap convert ring sling if you want to go with the longest possible usage. I also really like my Bara Barn which I haven't had through a summer yet but it's really lightweight and I can do a no sew ring sling, rebozo, or any size 2 carry with. They're kinda hard to find in the US at least but I plan to use it as my go to for a ruck tied under the bum this summer with my toddler when I'm not using my Kinderpack with Kool knit

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum-sometimes my iPod thinks it's a better speller than me...